• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Moron With Replica

You can't murder someone because they stole from people, even at gunpoint, and are now no longer threatening anybody and have moved on to escaping from the scene of the crime. If someone is "at gunpoint" and under active threat, then that threat should be neutralized. If the active threat to safety resolves, you can't just chase someone down the street or decide "they deserve to die" and take that into your own hands regardless.

That's called being judge, jury and executioner. Aka murder.

Use of deadly force is only justified when there is an active threat to someone's life. And that could mean breaking into a house with unknown but likely menacing intent where you are fearing for your life. But is it right to shoot them on the way out the door, after you've been robbed but they've only demonstrated an intent to steal something and leave "peacefully"? No. Just my opinion, and probably the law in most areas.

Of course none of this discussion has anything to do with airguns.
Keep that line of thinking in Tennessee.

Here in Texas you are still a threat if you are armed, even if running away. Tons of cases where they turn and pop off a few shots as they are escaping.

Homeboy F'd around and found out. All his own fault.

Keep that line of thinking in Tennessee.

Here in Texas you are still a threat if you are armed, even if running away. Tons of cases where they turn and pop off a few shots as they are escaping.

Homeboy F'd around and found out. All his own fault.
I was thinking about that when I said that in my state you can't shoot a guy for breaking into your house unless they are committing a felony. In Texas you can shoot a guy for trespassing on your property after dark. Like I said, know your local laws before you F around and find out. In some states you have to offer them a hot beverage.

I was thinking about that when I said that in my state you can't shoot a guy for breaking into your house unless they are committing a felony. In Texas you can shoot a guy for trespassing on your property after dark. Like I said, know your local laws before you F around and find out.
Yes, very important to know the law.

Every state needs a castle doctrine at the bare minimum.

It doesnt get anymore serious than someone breaking into your home with your wife and kids inside. Everyone should be able to use lethal force to stop the intruder.

Reactions: Beer Nap