Morning Field Target part 3

Didn’t expect another customer for Qball’s lead bistro so soon but literally as I was taking the first sip of my morning coffee I saw a young squirrel running through my yard. Slowly I put down my coffee cup and walked casually to the garage to grab my Thomas, my daughter was eating breakfast and haven’t noticed the squirrel yet. 

Got my Thomas along with my improvised bum bag in hand off I went to the back yard. Saw the squirrel running up into the tree branches so I sat down on my bum bag at my usual practice spot and setup my Thomas in my WFTF FT position. Watched it exploring the tree top for a while then it finally came down to about 2 yards in front of my 34 yard pellet trap/target…….not a good move! Ranged it at 32 yards with my parallax which needed only 0.1 mil up, it was sniffing the ground looking for food seemingly unaware of my nefarious intent. Waited for it to pause and steadied the center dot on the vital because my daughter could still see the area the squirrel is at so I didn’t want to go for a headshot so it does the brain shot dance in full view! Took a deep breath and squeezed the trigger, just as the shot went off it started to move forward. I had the slow motion matrix NNOOOOoooooo in my head as I watch it run/stumble away. Watched and listened for it’s where about and fortunately the rustling noise didn’t go very far then back to silence besides my neighbor’s fountain. 

Casually I walked over like I normally do in the morning to check on my plants to avoid raising my baby girl’s suspicion while searching for the tree rat. Found the dead roof chumper mere 8-9 yards away under one of my bushes by the fence. The 177 Hades pellet hit only 1/2-3/4 of an inch behind where I aimed and still worked as a vital shot but it was very close to being a bad gut shot. The Hades pellet passed clean through, its terminal performance was awesome as always. 

4844E2B4-568A-48FC-A586-00B261E10C89.1653679523.jpeg

I really love Field Target! Hahahaha 

qball, great shot with your Thomas on live FT...target! And, smart nonchalance so as not to alert your daughter or neighbor.

thanks, live/real FT is indeed awesome! The nonchalance came with practice, one time early last year both my kids saw a squirrel doing the brain shot dance and the wife was quick to come up with its playing….needless to say I got major stink eyes from her and no more head shots if it can fall on ground in open view of the dinning room windows…..LOL!!!

I like FT so much I just setup my neglected S200 to be my backup/loaner WFTF FT gun, need a cheap hamster so I can get my friend into it too. Hehehe 

qball, great shot with your Thomas on live FT...target! And, smart nonchalance so as not to alert your daughter or neighbor.

thanks, live/real FT is indeed awesome! The nonchalance came with practice, one time early last year both my kids saw a squirrel doing the brain shot dance and the wife was quick to come up with its playing….needless to say I got major stink eyes from her and no more head shots if it can fall on ground in open view of the dinning room windows…..LOL!!!

I like FT so much I just setup my neglected S200 to be my backup/loaner WFTF FT gun, need a cheap hamster so I can get my friend into it too. Hehehe

You're welcome and you learned quickly from getting the "eye" (burns right through you, I know that look too)! Oh...and you are an enabler! LOL! Good for you and your friend. Have a great Labor Day!