More scrutiny towards the airgun industry??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Political posts are often driven more by opinion and emotion, than by facts and honesty. There is an old saying about not discussing religion and politics with friends; perhaps that is why they are usually frowned upon on the site.
Hawkeye69,

It's been my experience that you can't talk about those subject with most people because "most" people haven't done any actual thinking on the subject and can't defend their "opinion" so they get pissy.

Smitty

South Korea exported the most powerful air guns in the early 90's and nothing was said about that. I have one of the early ones that I since de-tuned to increase shot count.

IMG_0581.JPG

Reactions: woogie_man
Hawkeye69,

It's been my experience that you can't talk about those subject with most people because "most" people haven't done any actual thinking on the subject and can't defend their "opinion" so they get pissy.
I enjoy discussing factual politics with people. But it's been my experience that all too often opinions are based on emotions, or vague conspiracies being carried out by some nebulous "They" or the "Globalists", in lieu of using common sense and facts. Then when I press for actual facts and specifically who is this mysterious "They" that they're talking about, the result is usually anger, or I'm told to go do my own research.
In the end I find it best to just not comment at all.

Oh man, don't just leave us hangin'! How much did you pay back in the day, and what's the specs on the rifle?

Oh man, don't just leave us hangin'! How much did you pay back in the day, and what's the specs on the rifle?
The AR6 has been around a long time
This was the first Korean PCP imported into the U.S. Back in the early 1990s, a much rougher looking AR6 surprised Americans with unheard-of power and accuracy. At a time when British single-shot PCPs developed 20 foot-pounds and Sweden was still years in the future, the AR6 popped on the scene. It offered 50+ foot-pounds and 1″ groups at 50 yards. Overnight, American air gun smiths began modifying this bag of raw potential

But lack of support/parts killed the rifle. I got it in a trade + $200.

Reactions: timmah
I think the looks of most pcp guns are intimidating to people. They look alot like specific firearms, won't mention the types.

If the PCP's where packaged in nice wood furniture looking more like a long rifle it might help.
You mean like the FX impact with it's granade launcher underneath aka air bottle.🤣🤣

Yep, the only thing that is going too far is YouTube “Look at me and what I know” vidiots. Like someone said, those Airforce cannons have been around for a long time but nobody paid attention to the potato gun of the airgun world. FX? Different story. One things for sure. We will find out what happens eventually.
JUST READING THIS THREAD .. and, What ever became of the fellow from about 2 years ago who IIRC was from Greece who was posting video stuff up weekly on shooting all sorts of objects, blowing stuff up etc ? In his town or on the outskirts. Crazy & stupid at the same time then suddenly vanished.

I am the original poster, I posted a question asking if the gun industry has gone too far. So far only a couple of people have answered that question. All the other posters have inferred political responses.
Your original post begs the question, too far for what? If you aren't soliciting regulatory/political responses, maybe you could be more specific.

Some of you that are airgunners are also firearm enthusiasts. Garand Thumb (Military gun guy) posted a video today about the FX Panthera. Read some of the comments.
My guess is that more scrutiny is coming to the airgun community. And with scrutiny comes more "regulation"
Have the industry leaders FX/Daystate, etc pushed the envelope too far??

Yes i think Air gun industry has gone way out of bounds as to what is thought of as an "Air Gun " The immediate thought most people get when Air gun is mentioned is "Daisy Red Rider low power bb gun " the good old days of a kid having a BB gun are long gone . and now the industry is building Full Auto guns with power .

Reactions: Mr.H
I am the original poster, I posted a question asking if the gun industry has gone too far. So far only a couple of people have answered that question. All the other posters have inferred political responses.
No they haven’t. I don’t believe in suppressing innovation because we are “scared” something is going to happen.

Yes i think Air gun industry has gone way out of bounds as to what is thought of as an "Air Gun " The immediate thought most people get when Air gun is mentioned is "Daisy Red Rider low power bb gun " the good old days of a kid having a BB gun are long gone . and now the industry is building Full Auto guns with power .
I agree with the full auto part. Heck, when I was in army boot camp I always preferred semi auto. When I did night range shooting qualifying I switched the M16 to semi auto instead of trying to do the 3 round Burst. This was way before the 16 had that option and you had to do it manually. Ain't no body got the need for full auto.😁

The gun industry can never go too far in the United States, as we have the 2nd Amendment.

No they haven’t. I don’t believe in suppressing innovation because we are “scared” something is going to happen.
Yeah Guys,
The post I made (since deleted) assumed some industry, airgun manufacturers are pushing needless innovation beyond practical limits to make $$$.
The marketing could suggests this new gadget is really fun ...... aka a video game.
However, when you start heading to semi or fully auto airguns - you're just asking/begging for legal reprisal whether warranted or not:).

Why invite unnecessary scrutiny from the unknowing, naive or paranoid:p?

Claiming it's ALL your 2nd Amendment Right ...... Just isn't enough or reasonable.

Last edited:
Why invite unnecessary scrutiny from the unknowing, naive or paranoid:p?

Why cower in the shadows rather than to openly lobby against more regulation? Rather than to discuss if the airgun industry has gone too far, should we not openly discuss if gun regulations have gone too far?

There needs to be consequences for politicians who put out regulations and laws to push an agenda that has been or would be clearly ruled unconstitutional. Needs to be a legal review by an independent law firm or agency before it can be issued. Impeachment or fines would be good if they go ahead with something blatantly unconstitutional. The big problem is politicians are dumping massive amounts these power grabbing regulations and executive actions from many sources as fast as they can plus weaponizing government agencies to achieve a controversial political goal, hoping some will stick. A good example was that prior student loan forgiveness executive action that was clear as day unconstitutional but was done just before the congressional election to buy votes from existing and future student loan voters. I heard one big college town got 90% of the vote going Democratic. during the last election.

Status
Not open for further replies.