More scrutiny towards the airgun industry??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Air rifles are already regulated in Illinois. You're required to complete a background check and fill out a 4473. I believe they start these requirements at .22.
Airguns are regulated by law in many places in the USA, in some cities, NYC or the five boroughs for example? Illegal to own🙀

No…they (government) can’t get rid of the evil black rifles and there is plenty of money and votes to be had behind that. Airguns have no monetary or vote gain so politicians will never care. I apologize to the park rangers for mentioning firearms in a post.
I believe mention of firearm is okay if it is being used in a airgun conversion. Which we are discussing. Political views will get a post shut down quickly.

Reactions: Michael and L.Leon
Air rifles are already regulated in Illinois. You're required to complete a background check and fill out a 4473. I believe they start these requirements at .22.
Things are are getting crazier everyday. I passed on getting my first FX Impact in Illinois because I refused to do background check and 4473 for an airgun.

1) lol I would not stay in a state for more than a year that had such rules in place towards a pellet gun. If they went this far there is alot more going on that I would most likely chose not to accept for me personally haha.

2) combine your two previouse statements together and my question is why did you not consider a .177 fx impact if they start these requirments at .22 cal as stated above ? Just curious that's all. you could have had the impact in a smaller caliber .

Reactions: krypl1
@markhooper, many of us, daily, obey laws we disagree with. So I feel that point is moot, what many conflate is that “law” equals “justice”. So many laws on the books, that to live unbound, you are sure to “break” some law. Then they’ve got you, or not. Most often applied selectively and with prejudice. But all the gravitas aside, great airgunning times.

I fixed the OP's post in regards to advertising...

Screenshot_20230515_164154_Chrome.jpg

I believe mention of firearm is okay if it is being used in a airgun conversion. Which we are discussing. Political views will get a post shut down quickly.
It was more of a sarcastic “shot fired over the bow” kind of comment in regards to how over regulated and censored this place is. I’ve about had it but I esp love the classifieds. I guess I need to just stop participating if I would like to remain I guess

Reactions: madeintheuk
I totally agree with you 💯.. interesting I had a job transporting bank bags years ago and of course I had to get a concealed carry permit and certification.. well I went to the course and I have never shot at anything that looks like a person.. they had a standard combat target and I asked my instructor, I was not comfortable shooting at it, could I please have a smaller regulation target and she said it was fine.. well I taught my daughters both to shoot.. and my youngest is currently in police academy and she went to swat training and she was just telling me on the phone about the live fire exercises and how she was still trying to process it all because it didn't feel right shooting gun powder markers at other people even though it was just for training.. we need to try to make sure everyone we interact with as far as any type of gun is safety oriented.. by the way, my daughter is just trying to get into animal control since she loves animals but it's all required courses..
then where do we draw the line.. lewis and Clark was definitely a high power airgun.. crossman 760 has killed several kids.. and kids get shot by police for pointing a toy gun that looks real.. it's like we have lost common sense..
we don't charge the car owner for a crime that a criminal does after stealing said car.. but in my state if you report your gun stolen you are responsible for whatever the thief does, unless it was secured in a approved safe..
I don't understand, just trying to follow the law and stay out of any trouble..
sorry it's long, I was just trying to explain what I have been thinking about all day
mark
In regards to your car company comment google search the lawsuit the peoples republic of Maryland has against KIA and Hyundai. I believe there are other states as well I just remember them being mentioned. Yes we have lost our minds as a society. It’s insanity. Can’t really go further in examples as for some reason I want to remain here. Lol it’s hard to refrain though.

It was more of a sarcastic “shot fired over the bow” kind of comment in regards to how over regulated and censored this place is. I’ve about had it but I esp love the classifieds. I guess I need to just stop participating if I would like to remain I guess
It’s not that AGN is “overly censored” there are other forums to specifically discuss politics. Most of us come here for what we do have in common… The brief moments of mental escape air guns provide from our day to day lives. So let’s try and stick with the fun we all experience shooting our Airguns. Plinking over politics, if you will.

It’s not that AGN is “overly censored” there are other forums to specifically discuss politics. Most of us come here for what we do have in common… The brief moments of mental escape air guns provide from our day to day lives. So let’s try and stick with the fun we all experience shooting our Airguns. Plinking over politics, if you will.
I respectfully disagree. I had a post about a YouTube show deleted and the mod said because discussion of airgun use for self defense was not allowed. They obviously didn’t watch as the stream had nothing to do with self defense use. Not one thing. I just yesterday was asked to change an avatar pic. Dinky little thing you can’t even see unless you click on my profile because one little pansy snowflake complained about it. It makes me wan to puke honestly. Again I guess I should take my own advice.

Last edited:
No political discussion ends up being a straight forward rule that prevents internet 1.0ish plsces from descending into internet 2.0ish quagmires.

Plenty of places to shout into the void, not too many to talk hammer spring tension.

Big power and long-range accuracy are nothing new in the airgun world. However, over the last few years we've seen a significant increase in their popularity.

We now have at least 12 major manufacturers that produce big bore airguns and/or semi-automatic airguns that are similar to, or more powerful than a .22 LR.

AEA Zeus – 1500 FPE
Hatsan Piledriver – 800 FPE
Umarex Hammer – 700 FPE
Airforce Texan – 600 FPE
Western Airguns Bushbuck – 500 FPE
Skout Epoch – 175 FPE
FX Panthera – 150 FPE
Airgun Technologies Vulcan – 125 FPE
Daystate Delta Wolf – 105 FPE
Brocock Ghost – 100 FPE
Kalibrgun Cricket II – 95 FPE

Western Airguns Rattler – 270 FPE
EDgun Leshiy 2 – 150 FPE

While the focus of airgunning varies between countries, the American market seems to be driven by social media. And much like the firearms world, social media is all about big power and precision. We understand that traditional airgunners fear regulation, we also understand that the advancements in technology and the popularity of airguns are inevitable.

First and foremost, this is an airgunning site. The sole discussion of firearms or NFA items is not permitted. However, the responsible discussion of the similarities between firearms and airguns will be allowed. All we ask is that airgunners always depict airguns in a responsible manner, and never for illegal use or self-defense.

1) lol I would not stay in a state for more than a year that had such rules in place towards a pellet gun. If they went this far there is alot more going on that I would most likely chose not to accept for me personally haha.

2) combine your two previouse statements together and my question is why did you not consider a .177 fx impact if they start these requirments at .22 cal as stated above ? Just curious that's all. you could have had the impact in a smaller caliber .
I really was set on .22-.25cal. The good news is, I found a way around it. I ended up with both. Now, I live in a much better state, all is good and collection is growing.

Read some of the comments.
My guess is that more scrutiny is coming to the airgun community. And with scrutiny comes more "regulation"
Have the industry leaders FX/Daystate, etc pushed the envelope too far??
Sorry. I turned the video off as soon as the subject in it went all "in-your-face-ahoe"..hands on hips..im-a-jackass.

Reading the video title and watching the first 5 or 10 seconds was all it took to realize the guy is all about getting a click count to make money. Pick a topic that could go "viral" and poke the bears..or karens, in this instance.

It's not the AG industry leaders that are the problem, it's the social media money-grubbers. And to some extent the folks that buy the AG variants..semi and full-auto.. I get it that semi or full-auto is cool. I always loved the bb-machinegun at the county fair...BUT..

IMO there isn't a need for ""semi or full-auto"..at least for the applications I use AGs for..but that's just me..sorry if that pisses of certain users, sponsors, or makers of those types. It's those types of AGs that will more than likely result in "scrutiny and more regulation".

Status
Not open for further replies.