More scrutiny towards the airgun industry??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of you that are airgunners are also firearm enthusiasts. Garand Thumb (Military gun guy) posted a video today about the FX Panthera. Read some of the comments.
My guess is that more scrutiny is coming to the airgun community. And with scrutiny comes more "regulation"
Have the industry leaders FX/Daystate, etc pushed the envelope too far??

No they didn’t. Air Force has been very powerful for years. As for scrutiny, it’s only a matter of time. Sucky people can’t stand real people having fun with something they don’t understand. If you’re far enough away, the impact should be minimal, if you’re surrounded by anti gun people, you’re going to have issues.

I think more scrutiny was inevitable once the airgun industry started pushing slugs and building airguns with the capability of pushing them to 22LR power.

If I tell someone I’m shooting a fancy pellet gun they think nothing of it. If I describe it as shooting .22 caliber slugs at near 22LR velocity they would rightly come away with a different impression.

Also, as more people come into the sport it brings some unwanted attention along with it.

No. politics does not go away, but the site frowns upon political talk. and usually shuts it down.
I am the original poster, I posted a question asking if the gun industry has gone too far. So far only a couple of people have answered that question. All the other posters have inferred political responses.

I am the original poster, I posted a question asking if the gun industry has gone too far. So far only a couple of people have answered that question. All the other posters have inferred political responses.
I don't think they have gone too far.🤷‍♂️
I think people are just now realizing what "bb guns" have become since the introduction of the red ryder.

I think the looks of most pcp guns are intimidating to people. They look alot like specific firearms, won't mention the types.

If the PCP's where packaged in nice wood furniture looking more like a long rifle it might help.
Which is precisely why I took a walk along my back 6 acres with my dog and my Atomic XR in hand. I have a right to walk my land with gun in hand. If the neighbors are intimidated, maybe they should get some guns of their own. A lot of these types who are easily intimidated by guns have a disease called Hoplophobia. No matter how pretty you make your boom stick, they will fear it in their irrationality.

Which is precisely why I took a walk along my back 6 acres with my dog and my Atomic XR in hand. I have a right to walk my land with gun in hand. If the neighbors are intimidated, maybe they should get some guns of their own. A lot of these types who are easily intimidated by guns have a disease called Hoplophobia. No matter how pretty you make your boom stick, they will fear it in their irrationality.
Totally agree!
Example: when I got my snowpeak; had a wood grip n "looked simple".
Now it looks like a "scary black assault rifle"....so I've been told🤣

Reactions: Farmplinker2
*** POLITICAL COMMENTARY REMOVED BY MODERATOR***

A mentor used to say that he was grateful to have been born when he was because he got to enjoy the greatest amount of freedom ever given by a government. He was born in 1922 and marched across Europe to Berlin during the war.

J~

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think that they have gone too far. We have air guns to go from every caliber and every kind of power that you could want from A little .177 all the way up to the AEA Zeus. Buy what you want that works for what you want to do with it.

***POLITICAL COMMENTARY REMOVED***

I think air guns are safe for now.

I don't think that they have gone too far. We have air guns to go from every caliber and every kind of power that you could want from A little .177 all the way up to the AEA Zeus. Buy what you want that works for what you want to do with it. *** moderated content removed***
I think air guns are safe for now.
For now, but the clock is ticking. It will come in the form of limiting foot pounds of energy, just like in some places in Europe, and except for a couple of pellet handguns, that would mean every air rifle I have would have to be registered. This madness will not stop until anything that propels a projectile is regulated away.

Reactions: Exodus and sltech
I think that yes, some have gone too far. A fully automatic air rifle congers up brain pictures of mass destruction, AIR rifle or not.
I do agree that if in conversation air guns arises, I simply state that I shoot mostly paper targets with a "BB or pellet gun ."
However, some folks do look upon the 'black guns' as being evil no matter what comes out of the muzzle.
They WILL be regulated and much sooner than we expect due to the enginuity of the industry.
mike

Status
Not open for further replies.