• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

More Patchworm Patches

I had both by damn patchworms fail in the same weekend, using patches I bought from patchworm.

I prefer the crown saver and will never order another patchworm.

These are cleanings of two different Notos using Balistol

IMG_1610.png

IMG_9683.jpeg

Seeing some comments about the Patchworm patches. You don’t need specific patches to use a Patchworm. And you don’t need tiny ones like they provide. I use some random Hoppes patches that are probably 2x2. I also don’t like the fabric ones that tear. These are a tight woven polyester or something, so the pull doesn’t come through. I think the Patchworm cleans way better than the Crownsaver due to the ability to get pressure against the wall better.

Reactions: oledawg
I had both by damn patchworms fail in the same weekend, using patches I bought from patchworm.

I prefer the crown saver and will never order another patchworm.

They are always sold out ever time I check really want to get those

Something is amiss. Literally any patch should work if cut to the correct size ? Try making what you have a little smaller and repeat. Spray a little balistol in the barrel first as it will act as a lubricant for that first patch.
Well that's not professional..lol.

Professional. A person who has to spend lots a money to do what the guy next to him does for near free .. professional.

Though i do prefer store bought patches ( big cheap walmar bag of .270 size , fits .177 & .22). But don't think for a minute I won't and will stoop down to to cutting scrap cloth or paper towels. Also if after I use a patch if it don't look that dirty I'll reuse it till I think it is too dirty..😉

Well that's not professional..lol.

Professional. A person who has to spend lots a money to do what the guy next to him does for near free .. professional.

Though i do prefer store bought patches ( big cheap walmar bag of .270 size , fits .177 & .22). But don't think for a minute I won't and will stoop down to to cutting scrap cloth or paper towels. Also if after I use a patch if it don't look that dirty I'll reuse it till I think it is too dirty..😉
For sure. I always flip the patch to the reverse side

Something is amiss. Literally any patch should work if cut to the correct size ? Try making what you have a little smaller and repeat. Spray a little balistol in the barrel first as it will act as a lubricant for that first patch.
The reason I started the thread was because I was thinking the same thing and got those cheap Walmart bulk .177/.22 patches but they rip when I use the patchworm since it is designed to poke a hole then has that crimped part to hold the patch on. It worked til I pulled it through the barrel. The patch would get stuck right at the breach and only the patchworm line would pull through.

With a crownsaver yeah I can't see why there'd be an issue with any kind of patch since you don't have to poke a hole for the line to run through it just gets folded in half and pulled through on the loop.

Since I also am cheap and didn't want to waste my Walmart bulk patches I would very slowly and carefully run the cleaning rod down the muzzle then when the patch holder came out the breach I'd put one through the slot then pull out the muzzle end. It got annoying cause I have big hands and the breach is not wide on these airguns so I was using pliers to feed the patch onto the holder.

Patchworm is way easier and I am really glad for the Amazon link to those patches because those are woven and stronger than the Walmart patches and do not rip out. I can even put a couple together to get it super tight to the rifling and clean better, then flip around to use the other side and they still don't rip out!