More Hog Hunting!

Dropped him on the spot. Nicely done! Would like some details on the rifle and your projectile/velocity.

Dropped him! Nice shot!! I really like the quality of your thermal video. Which unit are you using?

Thank you both! The rifle is a stock Texan LSS CF using MrHollowpoint 355g hp slugs. The gun shoots them around 900 fps.

The scope is a Pulsar Thermion 2 XP50. Its on a removable mount so I can use it on my AR while holding zero.

I had to google the scope. Man that looks as good as the video it takes!

Good comparison of XP, XQ & XM units.

Thank you for video! Yes, I did a lot of research before making that sizable expenditure. I went with the higher resolution and sensitivity sensor to potentially use it for smaller game like rabbits or rats (obviously on a smaller rifle as well). I went with the 2x base magnification because most of my night hunting is hogs which I usually engage at 50 yds or less. Its nice having the wider field of view. 

Thanks all for the kind words.

FLIR is best at night for our uses. The sun will heat up rocks, metal, tires, posts/wood, etc. causing a lot of non target interference. At night the terrain and other inanimate objects become a neutral temperature that makes stuff with a heartbeat jump out.

In short it can be used during the day but night is where FLIR really shines.

ETA- Travis at the previously linked Fox Optics is full of useful information and a great guy to do business with. Prices are comparable to others but he adds in extras like QR mounts and an extra battery for the money. A pleasure to do business with.