More good Yong Heng posts...

There have been a lot of good posts about Yong Hengs again just today, and so many in the past. Thanks to all contributors!!

I will be in the market for one in the near future, and my question is inspired by a post from harrymoreland comparing genuine Yong Hengs to knockoffs.

How the heck can you be assured that you are buying the genuine thing? Please don't tell me that it is painted on the compressor or that the vendor says it is, if that is all the answer you have, I will sell you a "genuine" Atlas bipod for a mere $100! I know this has been discussed before but the threads that I remember reading had so much disagreement in them that I ended up knowing as much as I did at the start.

Just visited eBay and found best-homepro is now selling Yong Heng Set Pressure models for $285. He also sells a Hardcover model for $259, which is the one I'd purchase today. The Hardcover has a Cyclone Water Separator, which you want, but not any Set Pressure or Auto Shut-Off features. Since I start and stop my Yong Heng with pressure released, I set the Set Pressure cut-off limit slightly higher than what I'm using, so it would only come into play should something go wrong. Replacement gauges on the Hardcover are less expensive than Set Pressure, too. I don't think you'll find the word "Hardcover" listed anywhere, you can identify it by price, a simpler gauge, and a Cyclone Water Separator on the side. A "Simple" model won't have Cyclone Water Separator, so I'd avoid.

WM

It's just an aluminum block.

I think it's the one on the left side. (with hard lines attached and drain valve) But it will have this hard line configuration. Simpler hard line confgurations don't have the cyclonic water seperator. 

Screenshot_20220105-170328_Chrome.1641420307.jpg

I appreciate the replies, but don't think I have my answer yet. Two of you state that you have a genuine Yong Heng, but HOW do you know. What assures you that it isn't a great knockoff? Are there defining features that the knockoffs don't have?

As far as buying from a reputable seller, sometimes not as easy to determine as all that. Many of the sellers that are selling these compressors have great feedback. But they have 10,000 sales of lingerie, cheap kitchenware and car accessories. This does not inspire much confidence for this particular purchase. This is actually why I'm looking for this answer, if I buy from Walmart and have 30 days to return to a store, I would want to know if my Yong Heng was something other than that right away. 

Bobby,

Long Gun showed two sides of same Yong Heng. The Cyclone Water Separator is the aluminum block with the red plastic cap sticking out. The pictures show the same model Tired Rooster just bought from Walmart. You can best tell by looking at the gauge, the normal looking one is the "Hardcover" model, while the "Set Pressure" and "Auto-Shut-Off" have red plastic adjusting dials in gauge center. (The "Simple" model won't have any water separator.) If you click on TN_Yankee's eBay link above, you'll see them for sale by best-homepro, for $259. Think Tired Rooster paid in $290s but came with Walmart warranty.

WM

Just to further muddy the waters, here is what I found with a search of walmart.com.

https://www.walmart.com/search?q=yong+heng+compressor

Walmart, like Amazon and Ebay, etc... has many different "vendors" selling products and using Walmart.com to do it, so you really don't know for sure what you are getting just because you order it via Walmart.com, Ebay or Amazon or any similar site for that matter.

I have never seen a Yong Heng at my local Walmart, but then again I have never looked for one there either.

JMHO