More EPOCH content.

There never seems to be any shortage of individuals who for lack of talent, drive or ambition produce no content of their own but are always ready to criticize the efforts of those who do.

I find that very sad.
It's the nature of the beast...not everyone can be producers of content but most are consumers. If you're going to be creating stuff, you have to expect and be able to deal with criticism. That's never going to change.

There never seems to be any shortage of individuals who for lack of talent, drive or ambition produce no content of their own but are always ready to criticize the efforts of those who do.

I find that very sad.

There’s no shortage of sponsored YouTube airgun content so I think it’s fair to be critical, don’t you? People treat the other brands the same way. Just look at the comments on an FX video. You’re going to need a thick skin to survive. Welcome to the club!

I like Moose’s videos. This was a good one, though I wish the lighting was better because it was hard to see the gun. Especially in the outdoor shot with his black shirt against the black gun.

I love electronic guns and I like what I saw in regards to the valve, large stock bottle, solid barrel system, included accessories and parts, magnetic everything, large magazines, plus contacts instead of wires and ports. Oh, and being able to adjust the pressure in BOTH directions without needing to remove the bottle and degas is huge.

A couple questions- where is the bipod rail? That seems like an oversight. And does it have a screen? I didn’t see one and I would turn off that voice instantly.

Does anyone know the plenum size? And please don’t blow smoke to say it’s not necessary, unless the reg flows (instantaneously at bore diameter). Just because a valve can open to full flow does not mean it creates more flow than bore diameter.

Dave
Exactly... One of the things I've said publicly that would be the next gen evolution in PCP airguns is a High Flow regulator. Like Scott H said in another post (@Scotchmo) this pretty much negates the need for a large plenum since the bottle itself acts as the plenum like a non-regulated gun. And like you say @sb327, the maximum air flow is restricted by the bore diameter of the gun...

Still looks very heavy but seeing the production model and all of the things that are included out of the box, the $2,950 price tag is making a little more sense. Still expensive and still an unproven entity until they ship in volume so I'm just watching from the sidelines until further notice.

I like Moose’s videos. This was a good one, though I wish the lighting was better because it was hard to see the gun. Especially in the outdoor shot with his black shirt against the black gun.

I love electronic guns and I like what I saw in regards to the valve, large stock bottle, solid barrel system, included accessories and parts, magnetic everything, large magazines, plus contacts instead of wires and ports. Oh, and being able to adjust the pressure in BOTH directions without needing to remove the bottle and degas is huge.

A couple questions- where is the bipod rail? That seems like an oversight. And does it have a screen? I didn’t see one and I would turn off that voice instantly.
I always thought it was wierd with pcps you had to adjust the reg degassed. Glad they are taking care of that. To top it off, they are making it stupid simple to degas!

No bipod rail. And with where the adjustment knobs are and how it's put together.. I'm not sure where you'll be able to attach one. Overbore bipod is a option but I'm not a fan of those.

Screen is on the back of the grip. That's something I'm not a huge fan of. But they are making use of unused space I'll give them that. Curious to see how well protected it is.

Overall it looks like the value will be there if the gun performs. I don't like or want to spend 3k... But I can see where they get the price for and it should fetch it easy if the gun performs and does so reliably in the longer term.

That’s definitely an interesting thought with multiple same cal barrels.

The idea of 3 barrels of minutely different diameters is to expand the range of pellet types/manufacturers that one might be able to use to best effect. The harder alloy pellets SHOULD respond better to the tighter bite barrels. Not something I've yet tested, but I'm sure someone will sooner than later.

Very interested, looks pretty innovative. I live about 1hr away from HPP’s shop, will have to take a look soon!
I don’t mind the weight I would rather have the strength and durability.
For this style of gun and intended use, other Manufacturers better take note for the price point especially by the time you add all the accessories that some guns need or owners want.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoePolanco
That’s definitely an interesting thought with multiple same cal barrels.

Interesting but expensive thought/approach. What if someone knows they only need 1 specific barrel? Why are buyers be forced to pay for the other 2 barrels he/she doesn't want?

Another way to put it is if the gun comes with just 1 barrel then the price for the gun with 1 barrel would be closer to 2000 dollars vs 3000 dollars, that would make the gun more appealing. Not understanding the business decision here.

Last edited:
Reactions: mercado