🔴 MORE COMPACT Bullpups?

IF, a compact* "needs" a moderator, and in fitting said moderator the barrel/moderator protrudes 6" pass the bottle, then that IMO is a nonsense.

May as well have a full size bottle.

Harry,

I'm with you! 👍🏼

What you say also applies to bullpups that have a long enough shroud to get them quiet enough — but the manufacturer shortchanged the user by not extending the airtube/ bottle to the end of the shroud.

Here's a link to a thread where I examined 40 bullpups and the length of their air reservoirs....

➔ Some bullpups have very ANEMIC AIR TUBES/ BOTTLES!! Why don't they give us a longer air tube/ bottle? 😟

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/bullpups-why-dont-they-give-us-a-longer-air-tube/

Matthias 😊

Here yeah go...shortest of the bunch -

Airmaks - Caiman at 22.6" lg. CZ barrel and all ! Although it's now a little longer with the "Fat Boy" on it, but still shorter than its bigger brother the "X" version . Smooth cocking action, easy to load.

Airmaks Caiman .22.1642394679.JPG

Caiman X at 27.5" lg.

Airmaks      Caiman X .22.1642394708.JPG

I like shooting my Caiman (.22) (and the X). Comfortable at the shoulder, accurate. Nice looking (to me).

Mike

Wow those are crazy looking and super short! I like it.

MORE COMPACT Bullpups?

(3 parts: Wonderings — Gun List — and Questions)

1f537.svg
WONDERINGS
I'm all in favor of making airguns more powerful — with slugs leading the way.
1f44d-1f3fc.svg

However, I also favor airguns being SHORT! (Not just bullpups per se, but COMPACT bullpups.)

So, I see product development going full speed for more power.

But I'm not seeing product development hastening to shorten the guns.....
1f914.svg

Sure, a lot of so called "compact" bullpups are coming out — but none beats the EDgun Lelya 2 with its short 23.4" (=59.5cm) without power reduction.
The Lelya 2 has been around for over half a decade.... And by now I would have expected bullpups being offered in say 20" (=51cm) or less.....

The manufacturers are inventing new technologies to create more power, and create it more consistently. Great! More power to them!! 
But I would have expected that they would ALSO create new technologies to: 
• reduce the length of the action
• facilitate shorter but higher pressure air bursts — while keeping muzzle velocity variations small
• improve shrouds and silencers to keep the noise down — while still creating the same power despite a shorter barrel.....

Well, I'll put it on my Christmas wishlist when I write to Eduard and Axel....
1f923.svg

1f536.svg
GUN LIST of COMPACT BULLPUPS

So, below is a list of compact bullpups  (plus Leshiy), sorted from shorter to longer.

25aa.svg
23.4" = 59.5cm: EDGun Lelya 2.0 — came out in 2016 [Lelya 1 is too rare to be included]

25aa.svg
23.6" = 60cm: Taipan Veteran Compact

25aa.svg
23.9" = 61cm: Ataman BP17

25aa.svg
24.9" = 63.3cm: EDgun Leshiy [Classic 250mm] 

25aa.svg
24.5" = 62cm: KalibrGun Cricket 2 Compact — Discontinued

25aa.svg
24.5" = 62cm: AGT Uragan Compact

25aa.svg
24.9" = 63.3cm: RTI Prophet Compact

25aa.svg
25.0" = 63.5cm: FX Impact M3 Compact

25aa.svg
25.2" = 64cm: KalibrGun Argus 45

25aa.svg
25.5" = 64.8cm: EDgun Leshiy 2 Short

25aa.svg
25.7" = 65.3: RTI Prophet Performance Compact 

————————The following are excluded, because they have just "REGULAR" bullpup length — call them "compact" all you want:
25aa.svg
26.8" = 68cm: FX Wildcat MKIII "Compact"
25aa.svg
27.5" = 70cm: FX Maverick "Compact"
————————The following gun appears(!) short, but once you silence it to the level of the other bullpups, it's not compact anymore, just a regular bullpup size:
25aa.svg
24.8" = 63cm — PLUS silencer!: STEYR Pro X Scout

1f537.svg
3 QUESTIONS

2753.svg
(1) Are there more?

2753.svg
(2) Which ones (besides FX) can have the regulator adjusted without degassing or complicated disassembly?
(something as simple as taking the stock off to get to the regulator would be fine)

2753.svg
(3) Which ones shoot slugs pretty well (besides the FX)?

Thanks for your help!

Matthias

Since you're being so technical about what and what isn't compact. Neither Leshiy 1 or 2 are bullpups. :)