More Birdies Down and...

Manged to make my longest pigeon connect to date of 93 yards. One of the silos I shoot at as the wind increase the pigeon will land on the leeward side of the silo top. Depending on the direction of that wind it means I have to increase the distance I park from the pigeons to get a shot angle on them. That day the wind was very changeable as to speed and direction. It took me three shots to finally connect but it was a new record for me. Not many more birds down that day but here they are. Bill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ywy2IiKmBUA&ab_channel=GunPowder%26AirPower

You drilled them good!!

Keep it up....it won't be long before you peg one at 100+!!

:)

As much as I like silo shooting, I love wire shooting, which I don't seem to get that much of.

I've also done LOTS of shooting from the driver's seat, but since pushing the distances, I learned quickly that you can't get stable enough to make those shots repeatably.

So unless it's too cold out, I'm always shooting from the roof, trunk, or hood of my car whenever possible. And I always use a small bag and either a bipod or larger bag whenever needed.

You drilled them good!!

Keep it up....it won't be long before you peg one at 100+!!

As much as I like silo shooting, I love wire shooting, which I don't seem to get that much of.

I've also done LOTS of shooting from the driver's seat, but since pushing the distances, I learned quickly that you can't get stable enough to make those shots repeatably.

So unless it's too cold out, I'm always shooting from the roof, trunk, or hood of my car whenever possible. And I always use a small bag and either a bipod or larger bag whenever needed.

Bob I am shooting from inside my van that has fold down seats. Depending on how I park the van I can get my back up against a seat or the opposite van door. That makes for a steady shooting position and let's me keep my barrel inside my van. A nice hide for sure. Bill

Yep, I get what you're doing. I thought my 5-point brace in the driver's seat was solid enough until I watched Matt Dubber and the Air Hunters multiple times....take a look at how solid their crosshairs are, they barely move.

That's what it takes to make repeated precise shots at long range. Every little bit makes a huge difference when you shoot long range. 

90 yds is out there for sure. Once you get super stable, you'll wonder why you ever settled for less. And for the long shots especially, you should do everything you can to make the crosshairs rock solid.

Check my video on extreme accuracy at long range and you'll see what I'm talking about. If you and your rifle are up to the task, you'll miss less often by getting rock solid.

Yep, I get what you're doing. I thought my 5-point brace in the driver's seat was solid enough until I watched Matt Dubber and the Air Hunters multiple times....take a look at how solid their crosshairs are, they barely move.

That's what it takes to make repeated precise shots at long range. Every little bit makes a huge difference when you shoot long range. 

90 yds is out there for sure. Once you get super stable, you'll wonder why you ever settled for less. And for the long shots especially, you should do everything you can to make the crosshairs rock solid.

Check my video on extreme accuracy at long range and you'll see what I'm talking about. If you and your rifle are up to the task, you'll miss less often by getting rock solid.

YeahI know what you mean to eliminate all the variables and get the most solid rest you can. When you start reaching out there it doesn't take much to miss. I'm pretty sure the pigeons know my vehicle now. With it starting to get warn out I started looking around for ambush points and places to hide around the farms. Bill

YeahI know what you mean to eliminate all the variables and get the most solid rest you can. When you start reaching out there it doesn't take much to miss. I'm pretty sure the pigeons know my vehicle now. With it starting to get warm out I started looking around for ambush points and places to hide around the farms. Bill