More and more out of stock?

its the new reality .. i cant predict for sure anything can happen .. but truth is theyre pushing less production and more marxist policy of govt handingthings out ... this equates to less of everything and whats left will go exponentially higher in price .. thats in the process of happening now, i keep close tabs on my monthly expenses and just in the past several months ive seen roughly a 30% rise in my budeget expenses ... hopefully the trend reverses and its just a scare .. but to me it dont look that way, and im sure to alot of people it doesnt, which contributes to it even more as people try to snatch up the scraps that are left so to speak .. i'm getting what i can now, ive taken on extra hours at work to trying to aquare all i can away as i feel hard times coming ... so ... thats just my little outlook .. maybe its wrong .. i hope it is ..

Scarcity of items is going to be the norm for the next couple of years at least. We live in a highly globalized world where we rely heavily on other nations for products. I don’t think things are going to back to normal this year. We likely won’t see things return to precovid levels until at least 2022. Things could be worse though, we could be out of toilet paper...

its the new reality .. i cant predict for sure anything can happen .. but truth is theyre pushing less production and more marxist policy of govt handingthings out ... this equates to less of everything and whats left will go exponentially higher in price .. thats in the process of happening now, i keep close tabs on my monthly expenses and just in the past several months ive seen roughly a 30% rise in my budeget expenses ... hopefully the trend reverses and its just a scare .. but to me it dont look that way, and im sure to alot of people it doesnt, which contributes to it even more as people try to snatch up the scraps that are left so to speak .. i'm getting what i can now, ive taken on extra hours at work to trying to aquare all i can away as i feel hard times coming ... so ... thats just my little outlook .. maybe its wrong .. i hope it is ..

Marxism? Really? I think not. If we lived in a Marxist world, there would be no checks handed out, and there would probably be no vaccines developed by the government owned healthcare and drug production facilities. People would be standing in line for food from the government farms. We may be under the influence of some liberal politics, but capitalism remains the driving force of our economy, and is largely what has enabled us to make the progress we have in fighting the pandemic. Yes, stupid politics has delayed the recovery, but that's politics, not economics. Inventories will remain strained until production and distribution are recovered, and that requires a full and healthy work force. 

It's not just airgun stuff it's everything. Some items I usually purchase are just plain missing in the stores these days. They do their best to cover it up but several items are just there intermittently and not in a very good quantity when they are present.

Shopping online is where I really see notice it many if not most things, I am looking for, are out of stock near everywhere. That is until you find some little Podunk store that charges half again as much as everybody else and you can purchase your item at an inflated price. But that is only if you are lucky.

Marxism? Really? I think not. If we lived in a Marxist world, there would be no checks handed out, and there would probably be no vaccines developed by the government owned healthcare and drug production facilities. People would be standing in line for food from the government farms. We may be under the influence of some liberal politics, but capitalism remains the driving force of our economy, and is largely what has enabled us to make the progress we have in fighting the pandemic. Yes, stupid politics has delayed the recovery, but that's politics, not economics. Inventories will remain strained until production and distribution are recovered, and that requires a full and healthy work force.

I agree here.

Not like these companies don't want to sell as much of their stuff as they can-they do. There is a demand and they know it-just can't get it to market.

Yup, increasing demand and continuing supply chain disruptions.

I think that we are even seeing the used airgun market being impacted due to new gun price increases or lack of availability. Used gun prices have lagged a bit behind the new gun curve, but are starting to increase in price.

BIG issue across the board. Has the demand increased since COVID or did it begin to rise prior to it?

Totally agree - go to the grocery store and the section of the store varies but for one week the whole frozen veggie section was cleared out, the next week pasta, next week dried goods. You can tell the demand is barely being met to maintain stock in certain areas.

For sure PB guys are coming to the AG world and that is impacting retail stock.

But guys - check out the Classifieds here. Awesome barely used guns are being posted daily for sale on the site. Don't disregard the secondary markets, you see someone clearing out pellets you use - snag them up. Used prices are still reasonable, but you know lack of supply in the primary retail markets always lead to an increased demand in the secondary markets. 

Probably also a good time for those guys who have been wanting to sell some airguns but not lose too much money on them. If people can't buy new, the used market should be able to demand a higher price. 

Ordered a brake part for my F-150 in January, dealer said the part was on backorder until February, still haven't gotten it. The most common vehicle made in the USA since the late 1940's. Go figure. Part should have been in standard stock at the dealer. A double flare brake line tool got me up and running for now. Lucky me.

A powder burner friend in Arkansas cannot get powder, except for the least desirable stuff. Said some types were priced up to $100 per pound online. The local Big R store is almost completely sold out of pistols and about 3/4 of all rifles are sold out. I doubt that things are as bad in the airgun world, but airgun sales are bound to increase if things stay as bad as they are in the powder burner world.

Donny FL was sold out of most of the .25/.30 cal Tanto moderators when I checked today. I was able to get the one that I wanted in .22/.25 cal.

Shortages are across the board. All the destroyed plumbing in Texas means that plumbing supplies will probably be in short supply. Had to get a pro plumber to replace a broken freeze proof faucet at my place, as the hardware store had nothing that would work and he keeps some stock on hand. Cost me $160 as I could not do it myself.

The good thing is that Big R has a good supply of Ivermectin in stock, which kills the coronavirus dead in its tracks, and several friends in Arkansas were very sick from coronavirus recently. Ivermectin had them back up on their feet the next day. $4.99 for enough to treat a 1250 pound horse. Same dosage by weight used in horses is used in Humans. It has been reported as effective on the internet, but of course the MSM refuses to allow this info out to the public. Same as they ignored Hydroxychloroquine even though a French doctor had been using it for 13 years previously with excellent results. He got death threats for his efforts. I guess horses get more respect than humans theses days, so for now Ivermectin is allowed to be sold.

The grocery stores around here have overall been well supplied with food except for a few items now and then. As far as things being in short supply, I am determined to buy only what I really need for now. That includes anything airgun related.