• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

more 50yd FX Crown MK1 .217 KO slugs

Phil, 

Could not agree more with your post.

Here was my 50 yard shooting today. One card was with my Redwolf Safari and the other was with my Anschutz Custom 1907 .22 LR. Not sure the USBR green target cards apply to air guns, so I scored both rifles as if they were both Rimfires. The splatterburst targets was for strictly testing groups at 50 yards with the Redwolf. Wind was 2-3 mph and calm at times. I had two wind flags deployed at my 50 yard outdoor range. 

I was happy with the five or six 5-shot 50 yard groups with the Safari, but the USBR card was another story. Like you, I want to improve my 50 yard air gun BR shooting and the targets whereby I hit the 8 ring or closer, were the ones where I either 1) had a good wind condition, or 2) I read the wind better than the other targets where I was outside the "8" ring. If you count up the 8's or better, I have a long way to go in terms of consistency. It's hard to read but the Safari scored a 185 with the USBR 50 yard card, and the Anschutz scored a 236. Wish I could shoot the Safari like the Anschutz, but the .22 LR bucks the wind much better as you know. 

Q. Do you or anyone on this thread have a direct link to the air gun 50 yard bench rest scoring targets? I don't have any and would like to buy or print some 8X11 EBR 50 yard BR targets.

Thanks, Tom

IMG_2283.1610051645.jpg

IMG_2282.1610051671.jpg

download.png
View attachment Simple WRABF2.1610066826.pdf

Tommy, this is the Wrabf card that is used at the EBR...but it is outward scored and only has a 9 and 10 ring on 8 1/2 x 11 with a column of sighters on each side. If you do not break the .700” 10 ring ...that’s a 10. It’s meant to be scored with a .224” plug. It’s easier than the Green USBR cards you shot.

I made this outward scored because the 10 is the same size as a dime...which seems commonly used in reference to 50y groups.

Mike 

download.png
View attachment Simple WRABF2.1610066826.pdf

Tommy, this is the Wrabf card that is used at the EBR...but it is outward scored and only has a 9 and 10 ring on 8 1/2 x 11 with a column of sighters on each side. If you do not break the .700” 10 ring ...that’s a 10. It’s meant to be scored with a .224” plug. It’s easier than the Green USBR cards you shot.

I made this outward scored because the 10 is the same size as a dime...which seems commonly used in reference to 50y groups.

Mike 

Thanks Mike. I’ll print a bunch of these WRABF targets on 8X11 Cardstock. 

Q. Have a few questions on scoring? Assume I can use a 40g .22 bullet as my .224 scoring plug? If your pellet or slug hits “outside” the 9 ring and does not touch, assume that is a “miss” and that counts as what score? If the hole hits the 9 ring line, and since it is outward scoring, than does that count as an “8.”

Thanks

Tom 

Yes...a Rimfire bullet is a perfect plug.

In outward score...you can touch the line and still receive the higher score...:it’s when you break the line that you get the next lowest score. If you are outside the rings...I would just call it an 8. The WRABF rings are 1/4” increments. You can probably approximate where the next ring would be.

Mike