Soda Can Tab - Shooting Challenge!!

20210627_135630.1624820414.jpg
30 yards with the EdGun R5M in .177

Shooting AA 10.3 Grain pellets 

EdGun R5M .177

UsOptics scope 

the middle tab was my last shot, and I jerked the trigger on that shot.

20210627_135436.1624820294.jpg
20210627_135431.1624820295.jpg

Hello again Airgunnation!

Of course i´ll join the June Challenge too, did a l ittle video, i hope you like it! (It´s my very first airgun related video so please forgive me the fact that its pretty unprofessional but i had a lot of fun making it and i´ll try to improve! )

https://youtu.be/2wx47gt54ds

Well done Boris from Austria! Good first video. Thanks for participating. Please DM @michael with your mailing address and we'll get some stickers sent over to you for an honorable global participation prize.

Well done everyone! That little soda pop tab is small huh?!

My intent wasn't to pick the winner solely on precision, but it just happens that AGN member 5n24 did make it through all 3 holes with the least amount of damage. What I really enjoyed was his use of entry level equipment and creativity making his own AGN target template. Just shows that you don't need a printer (or a $3000 kit) to have fun and get 'er done!

Hope you enjoyed the challenge!

BTW - July's Monthly Challenge will be a Picture Challenge ONLY 

Have a great holiday everyone

Hello again Airgunnation!

Of course i´ll join the June Challenge too, did a l ittle video, i hope you like it! (It´s my very first airgun related video so please forgive me the fact that its pretty unprofessional but i had a lot of fun making it and i´ll try to improve! )

https://youtu.be/2wx47gt54ds

Well done Boris from Austria! Good first video. Thanks for participating. Please DM @michael with your mailing address and we'll get some stickers sent over to you for an honorable global participation prize.

Thanks a lot, really appreciate it!

This challenge is from 2 years ago but looks fun and is probably deceptively hard.

I’ll try to find some dark paper or cardboard to use as the background. Soda poptops against white paper don’t have much contrqst.

Or...mark the tabs with black Snarpie to get the contrast.
🤣 yeah! i disregard the year and follow the month, 🤣 was looking for some thing to do, 🤷‍♂️😅

Even though this challenge is over two years old now, it still seemed like a fun one to do, so I tried it today. Here is a link to the video:

For my version of the challenge, I decided to try to squeeze a 22cal pellet through the dinky little tab that holds the tab to the can itself. You can watch the video, but I clearly did it on two of the three. The middle one was blown off the box, and I have spent way more time than I should have looking for that tab with no success. Here is a picture:
20230726_091129.jpg

Update:
I found the missing tab INSIDE the box! Here is a picture of the back of all three:
20230726_103124.jpg

So, the little ring on the center tab wasn't broken, so I technically missed that one.

Last edited:
I’ll try to find some dark paper or cardboard to use as the background. Soda poptops against white paper don’t have much contrqst.
I agree. I also didn't want the pellet to destroy the paper and obscure the shot. Taping it to plain brown cardboard worked great! (y)

🤣 yeah! i disregard the year and follow the month, 🤣 was looking for some thing to do, 🤷‍♂️😅
Well, I am glad that you disregarded the year. This is a fun, and challenging, challenge. I didn't know that I wanted to do it until I saw your entry. Thanks for searching in the archives @Fire012 !

Reactions: Fire012
I agree. I also didn't want the pellet to destroy the paper and obscure the shot. Taping it to plain brown cardboard worked great! (y)

Well, I am glad that you disregarded the year. This is a fun, and challenging, challenge. I didn't know that I wanted to do it until I saw your entry. Thanks for searching in the archives @Fire012 !
happy to help buddy! 🤣👍 .. i will dig for more old goodies and see if i could RE-challange them! 🍻

• Haha
Reactions: SkeeterHawk