Monthly Challenge... Can we help?

After much design work and borrowing tools from Mrs. Mundane; we have a new stage to present our Marksmanship (or lack of). 

Only missing ingredient is the prescribed Challenge. So, is there anything we can do to help? Maybe a "Monthly Shooting Challenge Suggestion Box" ?

Flytraps and I look forward to our monthly get-togethers and I enjoy putting together a stage. Can we keep this monthly ritual alive? We hope so.

Let us know if we can help.

Less.
20220310_165125.1646956705.jpg

I have personally been thinking about a target that moves, but I am not sure how we can make it even remotely similar for all of our different scenarios. My range is about 75 yards and I have lots of hills, but others wouldn't have this same setup. I can't just stick a target in a tire and roll it down the hill while I am unloading on it. A target on a kite would be interesting, but who knows where the pellets would land? We have lots of deer around here, so I could tie a target to a string and a carrot, so when the deer took off with the carrot, I could shoot at the target trailing behind him. Nah! Perhaps one of those yard pinwheels, and put some dots on the fins? I don't know. All of these ideas sound lame. Anyone have any more practical ideas?

I have personally been thinking about a target that moves, but I am not sure how we can make it even remotely similar for all of our different scenarios. My range is about 75 yards and I have lots of hills, but others wouldn't have this same setup. I can't just stick a target in a tire and roll it down the hill while I am unloading on it. A target on a kite would be interesting, but who knows where the pellets would land? We have lots of deer around here, so I could tie a target to a string and a carrot, so when the deer took off with the carrot, I could shoot at the target trailing behind him. Nah! Perhaps one of those yard pinwheels, and put some dots on the fins? I don't know. All of these ideas sound lame. Anyone have any more practical ideas?

I've been working on a RC car. I built a target holder on the top that shields the car from hits, and run it out to the distances needed, Now I'm working on a gyro setup to rotate the target left and right, and up and down. I thought about a drone but didn't like not knowing were the pellet would go, and you need another person to fly it while you shoot. A RC boat would be fun if you have a body of water you can shoot safely . A view into the mind of a crazy airgunner

TODD

What fantastic ideas!!!

That is an awesome idea, and great associated diagram, Dave! LOL on the mouse!

Here is a link to one of those display motors on Amazon, and it even has a remote!

Todd's idea is more "in my wheelhouse" with a background in Electronics Engineering, but may be a bit complicated for everyone for a monthly shooting challenge. His concept reminded me of the Big Trak Programmable Tank that I used to have as a kid that would be perfect if you could outfit it with bigger tires. Send it out, have it stop, send it out, turn around, and come back. It would just run itself while you shot at it. Too fun!!