• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Montana pesting and lead free pellets

I finally bit the bullet all picked up an impact compact for Tony at Talon Tunes. It was a hard pill to swallow at first but I now do not regret is at all. The fruits are below. I have some permissions that would like me to use lead free pellets. Do you all have any experience with them?
8E759C4E-941E-4211-9B9D-1E7C8827F5FA.1649733697.jpeg
3DA8929E-3460-4A01-B1A0-A20F9182D367.1649733698.jpeg

How far do you shoot? The much lighter pellet loses steam really quick so might want to go bigger caliber if you want to shoot pass 40 yards. H&N green .25 is really good but pricey. I have not tried GTO but if you shoot indoor I would recommend a dedicated low power 177 gun, still wear safety glasses regardless because lead free pellets do tend to bounce a touch more. 

How far do you shoot? The much lighter pellet loses steam really quick so might want to go bigger caliber if you want to shoot pass 40 yards. H&N green .25 is really good but pricey. I have not tried GTO but if you shoot indoor I would recommend a dedicated low power 177 gun, still wear safety glasses regardless because lead free pellets do tend to bounce a touch more.

/\ /\ /\ Good question and good advice right here. @maxtrouble mentions it as well.

Patrick