Monstrum Spectre 1-6X LPVO scope

I know you get what you pay for, so I have to take the responsibility for my choice.
I've been using a monstrum Marksman 3X prism scope and it's a hoot to use, and cleaar as a bell. My only complaint is the size of the dot is 3 moa, which is just a tad too big, but I may just live with it as it's more fun to shoot with than any scope, and the dot is clear unlike a red dot sight.

So, since I've looked at a few Monstrum optics, and shot a few, I thought I'd give the LPVO 1-6X Spectre a try. Nice tiny dot and thin reticle, and built like a tank. Good tactile turrets and the lighted reticle is great. Everything is great......except....Everything is blurry. No matter what the distance is, it's blurry. I tried adjusting the ocular to clear it up and no matter whether the reticle is clear or not, you never reach a place where the view is clear, not even at 1X, or anywhere in between. I was about 30 yards from my truck with bright sun at my back, and i couldn't read the "Tacoma" badge on my truck, which is chrome against red, and usually very clear on almost any scope I've ever used, but it's illegible with this scope. I knew this was a low end (not the lowest though) optic, but it is terrible. It seems a shame, as it seems well put together and I love the turrets. But it goes back as soon as I get it boxed up.
Jus a heads up to anyone who's looking for a nice LPVO for thier airgun, look elsewhere, ... I know big surprise!

I've purchased one Monstrum scope, just to see what a ~$100 FFP scope could possibly be - and it's actually pretty darn good! I suppose an aspect of the low cost is low quality control. If you can still return your scope, you might get something good. Again, my experience is a single scope, but it's impossible to beat for the price, and it's actually pretty good. (For reference I own scopes from NightForce. Athlon, US Optics, Vortex, Leupold, Burris and others - my comments aren't based on experience with ATN...)

GsT

As a dealer for them I will tell you its a gamble. Some products work ok but others no so much. Out of lets say 50 items I have about 18 that are defective and so on. Others work ok. Make sure if you order something you test it asap so if it is wrong you can send it back asap. I use them here and there and they work for what they are.
36%
WOW!!!

I will also say that I traded for an airgun a while back and it came with a Monstrum 3-9X scope on it. I didn't even pay much attention to it and set it aside. Later, I thought I'd give it a try on one of my Royales and that thing is one of the clearest scopes I've used. I have no idea how the tracking is, other than it holds zero and I did crank it up and down and sideways a couple of times and it came back to zero but it wasn't enough for any kind of concrete proof it tracks. My only gripe was the thick reticle for airguns, but it wasn't bad at all, I've see UTG with thicker. I used it for a while and then my neighbor needed a scope and I gave it to him for his Huntsman, and he loves it.

So, I don't doubt it's a crapshoot. I just ordered a Hawke 1-4X turkey dot for my Notos and it's "ok", nothing special. It's "fairly" clear and the dot is just right. It's just kinda "blah". I'd use it if I had to, but for my Notos the Monstrum prism is absolutely so much fun to use, it's staying there til I mount a scope on it. The Marksman prism is absolutely clear, and for $89 a great deal. I'd love to be able to have "no tools" adjustments, but I just use hold over, so no biggie.