• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Monsters * Redesigned

I tried the Monsters * Redesigned yesterday & today in my Royale 400. I jacked the power up to 900 plus. Very tight almost one hole at 30 yards, but 1 inch plus at 50. So I lowered it to 850, same thing. I went back to the JSB 18 grain and was shooting those at 950-960 and was shooting 3/8 ctc groups @ 50. Even with the JSB 16 grainers at over 1000 was keeping those less than an 3/4 inch. Is the Smooth Twist just not right for the Monsters, or do they need to go faster than 900? How do they group so well @30 then go crazy at 50? 

I tried the Monsters * Redesigned yesterday & today in my Royale 400. I jacked the power up to 900 plus. Very tight almost one hole at 30 yards, but 1 inch plus at 50. So I lowered it to 850, same thing. I went back to the JSB 18 grain and was shooting those at 950-960 and was shooting 3/8 ctc groups @ 50. Even with the JSB 16 grainers at over 1000 was keeping those less than an 3/4 inch. Is the Smooth Twist just not right for the Monsters, or do they need to go faster than 900? How do they group so well @30 then go crazy at 50?

Wow you got the monsters over 900fps with a Royale 400? I've gotten 885 before with the reg at 150 in a .22 barrelled Royale 500 with the SHP valve, hammer weight and slightly opened up TP. That's over 45FPE at 900. 

But yeah I get crappy results with them as well, I think the ST doesn't like them at any speeds I've shot them. Tried getting them dialed at 50m but even there I could see them corkscrewing right, and 18.1's shoot very well even to 100m and beyond. Haven't tried the 16's yet but I have some 21.1 barracuda match en route in a couple head sizes I'll give them a try. 

The 2 air rifles I’ve noticed shoot the monsters really well are the Huben which has a rimfire barrel with 1:16 twist rate and the RedWolf that also has 1:16 twist rate. 

Im sure that other combinations may work but they are exceptional in the 2 I mentioned. Ive given them a try in the stock smooth x and the smooth twist and they where all over the place. My RedWolf shoots them really well. The smooth x “B” liner is hopefully not to far away. 

I don't understand how Claudio won EBR with those. I got tight groups at 50 yards, but 75 and 100 were horrible. You need a barrel with fast twist and a gun with power. Smooth twist pellet liner B, is what is correct for JSB Redesigneds 25gr.

What is the Brocock Sniper twist? Is it Polygonal LW barrel?

I read that Claudio had a Red Wolf (likely polygonal) barrel on his Sniper, along with an enlarged air port. Red Wolf .22HP has a LW polygonal barrel.

I don't understand how Claudio won EBR with those. I got tight groups at 50 yards, but 75 and 100 were horrible. You need a barrel with fast twist and a gun with power. Smooth twist pellet liner B, is what is correct for JSB Redesigneds 25gr.

I read that Claudio had a Red Wolf (likely polygonal) barrel on his Sniper, along with an enlarged air port. Red Wolf .22HP has a LW polygonal barrel.

Yes, he answered a comment in YT that said he put a Red Wolf Polygonal barrel into the Brocock. I don't know what twist that Polygonal barrel is. I remember Matt Dubber saying that he used one of the heavy pellet B liners in his Impact, but I can't seen to find it anymore. It seemed that he favored slugs over heavy .22 pellets.

Yes, he answered a comment in YT that said he put a Red Wolf Polygonal barrel into the Brocock. I don't know what twist that Polygonal barrel is. I remember Matt Dubber saying that he used one of the heavy pellet B liners in his Impact, but I can't seen to find it anymore. It seemed that he favored slugs over heavy .22 pellets.

The ones in RWhp are 1:16 twist choked lw