Monster just landed... Matador R5 .30 cal

Yes. Title says it all. My R5 in .30 cal just landed safely in my hands. I always wanted to go high-power but so far the choice was pretty limited here in EU. Please don’t tell me one brand or another... after owning several PCPs from several manufacturers I simply wanted an EdGun, period! And short R5 (officially named as Standard) seems to be my ‚dream come true’ .30 high power airgun. Well... so far I’m delighted. I’ll play with her a bit in coming days, try couple of pellets, try another 1 or 2 scopes, and (of course) you can expect some photos in this thread soon. And after some time maybe also a review? Who knows... but for now quick and dirty ‚unboxing’ kind of picture of my R5 on my desk. Yeah!

My first scope of choice is Vortex Diamondback Tactical 3-9x40, which is lightweight, compact, good glass, good reticle and very good target turrets. So it fits my small R5 perfectly. Parallax is set at 100m... and well, that’s exactly what I need. It’s not a backyard gun after all! 100m seems to be just right for that sniping machine. Can’t wait to try her out...

r5_unbox_web.jpg

It’s a beast! The most beautiful beast I’ve ever handled! And it handles amazingly well!

Reactions: CampFussell
Thanks guys! About multishot - I’ve seen some prototypes with front cocking but I really like single shots, the whole loading process, one-shot attitute, etc. Must be an influence of one of my favorite movies of all time: The last outlaw. And Mickey Rourke shooting that awesome falling-block big bore single shot rifle with devastating effect.

Reactions: EDgunWest