Monopod recommendations…BOG vs Primus

After seeing @sasquatch using his primus tripod shooting at the dairy yesterday vs me trying to lean where ever I can to get a stable shot. I mentioned this to @sasquatch and buddy, they said tripods are great for some things but not others, monopods have their place too. I thought of starting monopod, a bit cheaper and it can be used for hiking stick for forest stuff, if you get the right one.

I looked at a review or two, and the Primus and Bog seem to come out on top with the Bog being rated to be strong enough to double as a walking stick. Or are some of the Primus features worth looking the dual purpose of the Bog? 

So if you have any opinions etc please let me know. Thanks in advance for the input.

@Blackpaw By "Primus" do you mean Primos? If so, I've been using a Primos Trigger Stick gen3 Bipod for a couple of months and I like it. I use it as a walking stick with and without the legs tethered together. It's helpful in crossing creeks and barbed wire fences (especially in areas where brush has overgrown the fence line). It's also a good tool to use as a shooting rest. Squeezing the trigger makes adjusting the elevation of the rest fast and easy. Each leg adjusts independently making it easy to use on uneven terrain.

I have noticed that it is helpful to angle the feet forward while tilting the yoke backwards toward your body while resting the fore of your rifle stock on it. If you leave the bipod upright for a while and occasionally look around, twisting and turning, or if you're moving your torso while glassing with a monocular/binoculars and not watching the fore end of the stock, your rifle stock (circled portion of second photo) can slide off of the yoke causing the the barrel (or reservoir) to drop down into the center of the "V" shaped yoke (see arrow in second photo. In this case it’s the air tube). This makes unnecessary noise as there is a flat allen-head screw that fastens the yoke to the bipod in the bottom of the center of the yoke. When the metal barrel and screw make contact, they make a noticeable noise that can scare or alert animals. Also moving a rifle back and forth that has a metallic bottom pic rail can wear (eat) away at the rubber padding in the yoke. You can easily rig up something to cover the rubber padding and screw in the yoke. That's been my experience with a Primos Trigger Stick gen3 bipod. To my understanding the Primos Trigger Stick tripod is very similar aside from the added stability of a third leg.

93EADEF3-67BC-4D23-B799-82206527C9FA.1652641578.jpeg

CD1CA21C-4D9E-4116-95A2-3C1035BCA9DE.1652641745.jpeg