Monopod, bypod, tripod?

When hunting big game and varmints I normally have a Harris Bi-Pod attached to my rifles, whether I use them or not.

Last year I was invited to shoot Belding Ground Squirrels along with 4 other airgunners, who shoot FT.

So we took the buckets and the bipods along for rel practice, especially at longer ranges.

The others also shot 17HMR rifles off the bipod and I shot the .25 Marauder, 10/22, and Thompson/Center Contender (in Carbine configuration) in .223. 

Good practice...err..not that MY scoress show it.

I got a trigger stick bipod a few years ago, this past year I wanted something a little more stable so I picked up the Tripod. I saw a pic of someone using both on the web. I gave it a try and its rock solid and infinitly adjustable. I now use it exclusively at my outdoor range. The trick is to use the 2 rubber straps to secure the bipod and tripod legs together. I put fishing line between the 2 heads to keep the bipod in position when the gun isn't in it. It's a little bulky for woods walking, but it's more solid than my Caldwell Deadshot Chairpod I use for my indoor range. You can be deploy one handed by kicking the tripod legs out.

1546481845_14789199985c2d70b510e063.58268912_IMG_0528.JPG