Moisture question

Hello, i’m a bit new. I’ve never disassembled my PCP yet. When I actually get around disassembling it for maintenance, is it a good idea to stick in one of those desiccant sticker inside the air reservoir? The MicroPak stickers found in shoe boxes dont rattle and sticks to a surface.

desiccant sticker would take up very little room, but not sure if they work under pressure. Anyone tried this before? Or any idea if it would help with moisture?

Im talking about MicroPak stickers. It is a green, flat piece of tape. It has no pieces, no sillicon beads, no package…. Just green tape.
So just how much moisture can something that thin hold. Use your grain scale and weigh a length of clean new dry tape then let it sit somewhere with high humidity a day or so and then weigh it again. More tape will probably give more accuracy at that miniscule weight difference.
Let us know how often you need to check your bottle...

These...

Absolutely stupid volume to have to fill each time, but, man it's good knowing the air in my gun is as good as it gets for a home setup.

(recommend just filling it with dessicant... The charcoal is for odor, and your gun doesn't care). (Unless you ever intend on potentially BREATHING the air (absolutely not recommending this, bad idea for a dozen reasons))

Reactions: BurntDog
I would also recommend not only having a quality filter inline for your pcp airgun but one for your compressors air intake. A Very easy DIY filter for air intake can be made since in does not involve high pressures. I use to get moisture coming out of my bleed valve on my compressor when degassing the line but not anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hal4son
I would also recommend not only having a quality filter inline for your pcp airgun but one for your compressors air intake. A Very east DIY filter for air intake can be made since in does not involve high pressures. I use to get moisture coming out of my bleed valve on my compressor when degassing the line but not anymore.

Honestly, the advantages of intake side drying are massive.

I keep thinking I should swap mine out and reduce the high pressure volume to speed up fill time

Honestly, the advantages of intake side drying are massive.

I keep thinking I should swap mine out and reduce the high pressure volume to speed up fill time
I thought the same thing but decided to play it safe do to the fact that heat and pressures build up within the compressor's air cylinder which may still cause moister even though the intake has a filter. After all your gun is as or more expensive then the compressor so that is my bigger concern.

But, I think filtering the air intake would also help extend the compressor's life span and put less strain on my inline filter so I don't need to change their elements as often (I still take a visual of their condition as usual) kind of a win win.

Last edited:
I thought the same thing but decided to play it safe do to the fact that heat and pressures build up within the compressor's air cylinder which may still cause moister even though the intake has a filter. After all your gun is as or more expensive then the compressor so that is my bigger concern.

But, I think filtering the air intake would also help extend the compressor's life span and put less strain on my inline filter so I don't need to change their elements as often (I still take a visual of their condition as usual) kind of a win win.

Good point. I can buy a LOT of compressors with the Edgun L2 alone...

I agree with the previous comments that putting any kind of moisture absorbing material inside your air tank, or the bottle / cylinder on the gun would not be a good idea. Just make sure that the air going in there is as dry as you can make it. Out of curiosity, I read the product info on the Micro-Pak stickers. They do not absorb moisture.

From their Website

Safe and effective: Mold loves moisture, and Micro-Pak® Stickers offer frontline defense. The moment relative humidity in your box nears the danger zone, stickers go to work eliminating mold spores by releasing an anti-microbial atmosphere. This unique humidity-based activation ensures your goods are protected from the threat of mold growth for extended periods of time.