Mods FX Ranchero Carbine in .177 & .22 Photos

what I Love about this action: the biathlon action bolt, that can be switch right to left, trouble fee mag system, 3 way power. light and compact, and vary reliable.

never really use as a pistol, so one thing that disappointing to me was the shot string has a rainbow effect and useable shots are narrow for my liking--so this is what I have done to love her more.they are not a power house and not designed for that--just fun to shoot---and yes they shoot dime size groups at 40Y.

Installed a Mutant regulator on the .22 and a cricket regulator on the .177

installed a longer barrel 13.5' LW on the .177 and 13.75" ST on the .22

installed a longer AT--longer on the .22.

the .22 is setup to shoot the 18g at 720fps on high and getting 30 shots with 6fps ES from 3600-2000 fill
the .177 is shooting 8.4g at 890FPS on high and getting 28 shots with 5 FPS ES from 3600-2000 fill

"BRS"Nice to see the Biathlon action again - its very smooth when set correctly & my favorite too.

Do the regulators you've fitted install inside the air cylinder like the standard (Ben Taylor designed) FX reg. ? Diminished air volume was always the problem with the standard reg.

here is the mod to add a reg! when done the air tube is none removable when pressurized. remove hammer spring and use a delrine rod so the HSTA can push valve open to bleed the AT.

"mark404"I ordered my Ranchero in .177 and a 45 cc extension tube 
Precision Air Guns has the FX regs in stock 
I just need to find a 10 inch .177 barrel for it
The only issue is, I don't even have the .177 yet and I'm already thinking I NEED to get the .22 Ranchero also.

Sniperlabyo, How many Ranchero's do you have?
here another that has 2" longer barrel with dual 45CC air tube from above photo. got 2 Ranchero, but I mods about 2 a month installing reg and longer barrel.

regulator installation on this one:

Can you buy the FX Ranchero with the original FX black synthetic stock or do they all come with that wooden aftermarket stock you always see? I don't understand why AOA takes the original stock and replaces it with a wooden one I personally like the original stock better so how would I be able to get a Ranchero with the original black Fx stock?

Hi. I wanted to attach either a torch or a ForeGrip to my Ranchero, but the only accessory I could find was a FX Tank Clamp.
Unfortunately this only came with a Swivel Stud (for bipods), so I drilled a hole within a rail to accept the pin and then got a chap to weld it and half the clamp to the rail.

imagejpeg

I am pleased with the result as it can be used as a makeshift monopod and also makes the pistol more stable for Offhand shooting. (In NZ if it had a stock, then I would need a Firearms Licence).

Has anybody fitted the 10cm AirTube Extension? I hear that it only upgrades the pistol to accept up to 10 more shots to fill and wonder if it is worth it?

Thanks very much

Peter