• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Modifying West Hinter hight adjustable rings to MOA rings

One note of difference between the WH rings and the EV MOA rings is that the EV rings have two locks crews, and the WH only have one.
20240506_125448.jpg

Vector just came out with these height adjustable rings: XASR-3060 (Pic) and XASR-3065 (Dovetail). These are even Offset(!) which I like better.

I’ve been using their non-offset adjustable rings. I love the 1” diameter for Sightron SII 36x scopes.

The 30mm non-offset Vectors also worked great, but I felt too overbuilt for air rifles as they had 6 cap screws on each ring - resulting in a wide ring.

These new offset Vectors will allow you to get scope more rearward - and have a more reasonable for airgun 4 screw caps .

Price is incredible - the Picatinny arrived today so I’ll update this thread - but Vector has typically had huge quality for price on rings.

Like the Monstrums, the Vectors don’t have teeth (like the Weathunters do), so you can tilt away after installing as a level set - with no stress on scope. Easy to get you scope using close to its optical center on elevation at your preferred distance.

IMG_4605.png

IMG_4606.png

Reactions: .20calguy
I want to be clear that I am not recommending these West Hunter rings. I am recommending a posible repair to convert them from adjustable height to adjustable MOA for people who bought them thinking that they were MOA rings.

I sanded the grooves in the center ring just short of flush. The grooves make it easy to see and maintain a flat cut.

I haven't drilled the lock pin yet, but I am ready for testing

20240506_222339.jpg20240506_221101.jpg

I didn't measure the MOA angle. I just picked one.

20240506_232920.jpg

Testing time tomorrow!
👍

Reactions: Dairyboy
Again, I want to say that I am not necessarily recomending West Hunter rings, just getting MOA usage from them if you bought a set thinking they were MOA rings.

My purpose is to shoot on my range which has a 30 and 75 yard backstops, and not be too far from scope center for the safety of the scope, because I am shooting a springer.

The rings are working well, but that first set up was way to much. I went the full range of the scopes adjustment from full up to zero at 75, to full down, and I mean every click both ways.
20240507_184109.jpg

I have made two adjustments to the rings since, and I'm currently set to have 44 clicks past scope center of up for a 75 yard zero.
I haven't tried a thirty yard zero yet, but with the scope centered it was grouping was 2 1/4" high at 30.

20240507_200146.jpg

This adjustment will likely suit my purpose.
I just don't want my scope against the stops with a springer hammering on it..
I also hope that the WH, rings hold position as time goes by..

Last edited: