• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Modifying Airsoft Pistols to Shoot Metal BBs?

Hi All,
I have become interested in blowback air pistols. In a few places, I have read that modifying an airsoft pistol can create a more accurate pistol than starting with a blowback bb pistol.

Does anyone have experience with modifying airsoft to shoot metal bbs? What are your results?

Thank you!

I found this pistol STI / TTI 2011 Full Auto Airsoft $219, looks fun as airsoft and got me thinking about converting to metal bbs.
Threaded barrel, adjustable sights, selectable full auto

Also this gun KJ Works Cybergun SIG Saurer 1911. Gun no longer available, but KJ Works makes lots of airsoft pistols.

Elite Force Full Metal Gen 3 1911 Tactical CO2 $139

Last edited:
I was thinking barrel swap🤷‍♂🤔😅🤷‍♂️
But don't airsoft slingers have very low FPS comparatively?
I am not familar with airsofts, but I do not think a simple barrel swap will work. You will also need a magazine that is sized to handle the 4.5mm(bb) vs the 6mm airsoft projectile. Like others it think it would be better and cheaper to just purchase a bb pistol that you like.

I am not familar with airsofts, but I do not think a simple barrel swap will work. You will also need a magazine that is sized to handle the 4.5mm(bb) vs the 6mm airsoft projectile. Like others it think it would be better and cheaper to just purchase a bb pistol that you like.
I was thinking single shot😅🤷‍♂️