Modify Primos Trigger Tripod??

I have the regular and the short Primos trigger tripods. I use both and like them except for the circular turning. I can get a good hold on the vertical but the horizontal movement of the ice smooth internals is really annoying. I am trying to reach out to 75 and 100 with the power magnification from 10-16X. On a camera tripod there is a friction adjustment and/or locking position that keeps the tripod from swiveling when you don't need the 'pan' option. Not so on the Primos tripod. I examined mine a bit and could see where a drilled and tapped hole could allow some friction to the lateral motion however there is not really enough room on the outer collar to allow using even a #10X12 threaded opening. Has anyone found a way to dampen that pan motion? 

For what its worth, I have the dual rest option as well and it's a nice idea but both my PCPs are too heavy for the attachment. I am equally or more steady on the regular 'U' shaped rest.

Jim,

I’ve got the Gen3 Primos Trigger Stick as well and I love it, but my one complaint is the horizontal movement. I’ve gotten pretty good with practice at shooting off the tripod but it sure would be easier if the yoke could be locked up tight. 

If you figure out a way to do it please share. I’ve got some time off next week, perhaps I’ll take a swing at it.