• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Modifications for Benjamin discovery

One modification that is almost a must is the TKO muzzle brake. With the muzzle brake you can't use your iron sights but it makes the gun SO much quieter. I bought my gun used with it on there so i took it off once to see how loud the gun really was, i was amazed so i put it back on and haven't touched it much since it helps a lot. And since i bought my gun used i think the guy did some upgrade to the trigger. If you go to AoA's website the have the adjustable trigger sear i pretty sure that's what he put on there. I've never tried the stock trigger on the discovery but it's pretty decent how it is.
Here is the trigger sear up grade: http://www.airgunsofarizona.com/
And here is the TKO muzzle brake upgrade: http://tko22.com/
Leo : )

I have a disco and a power adjustment/hammer spring modification is a must if you want to increase shot count. Before you perform this modification, you must know that it WILL VOID your warranty, so do it with caution. Before modifying the hammer spring, I was getting about 14 shots within the "green zone". I have more than doubled it and get 30 shots per fill. I ended up clipping the spring three full coils. If you do happen to mess it up and aren't happy, you can order more springs and they aren't expensive. It has made my Disco quieter and I still get great accuracy and plenty of fpe to ethically take small game (rabbits, squirrels, game birds). You can YouTube it and find all kinds of modifications for the Disco. Also, like others have said, the TKO is a must if you want to get your Disco quieter.

There are also double tube modifications, but they are currently on hold and won't be produced for awhile. Norm, at Discos r us is developing a larger bottle mod that will increase shot count as well. BNM makes a multi-shot breach kit. It will give you 10 shots and includes a magazine. If you want to spend a bit more money, you can eliminate the TKO and purchase a multi-shot breach kit with a 27" shroud that is supposed to make the rifle much quieter as well.

CptMoonlightI have a disco and a power adjustment/hammer spring modification is a must if you want to increase shot count. Before you perform this modification, you must know that it WILL VOID your warranty, so do it with caution. Before modifying the hammer spring, I was getting about 14 shots within the "green zone". I have more than doubled it and get 30 shots per fill. I ended up clipping the spring three full coils. If you do happen to mess it up and aren't happy, you can order more springs and they aren't expensive. It has made my Disco quieter and I still get great accuracy and plenty of fpe to ethically take small game (rabbits, squirrels, game birds). You can YouTube it and find all kinds of modifications for the Disco. Also, like others have said, the TKO is a must if you want to get your Disco quieter.

There are also double tube modifications, but they are currently on hold and won't be produced for awhile. Norm, at Discos r us is developing a larger bottle mod that will increase shot count as well. BNM makes a multi-shot breach kit. It will give you 10 shots and includes a magazine. If you want to spend a bit more money, you can eliminate the TKO and purchase a multi-shot breach kit with a 27" shroud that is supposed to make the rifle much quieter as well.

Thanks i have looked into the TKO and BNM and i have also already clipped the spring and i get 27 good shots. Is the BNM breach really worth it?

The appeal of the Disco is price and low fill pressure. You can go nuts spending on multi shot mods, shrouds and stocks. If you love to tinker then go for it but be advised it is very easy to end up spending several times the purchase price on mods. At that point you have a expensive disco and could have bought a Marauder for less money. You might consider the things that improve the basic concept of the gun without breaking the bank. Moonlights suggestion for increased shot count sounds like a winner. There are Youtube vids on trigger improvement that cost little more than time and effort. Take the money saved and get a mil dot adjustable objective scope.

Thanks i have looked into the TKO and BNM and i have also already clipped the spring and i get 27 good shots. Is the BNM breach really worth it?

The last mod I will probably do will be the BNM. I have watched Ted on a few videos and he talks about how much easier the multi-shot is and how much more convenient it is. Besides, if you're in good cover and shooting a bit of a distance with a quieted Disco and miss, to reload you have to take your eye off the target. With multi-shot, you don't. If it's a rifle you plan on having for awhile and are happy with it, then I suggest getting the BNM. It's 130 bucks.