• This section is NOT for leaving Member feedback. To leave a Member feedback regarding a Classified transaction simply go to the Members profile and click the ADD FEEDBACK button.

Moderators no longer allowed in Classifieds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
*Effective 3/27/2024 - The discussion of the creation, fabrication, or modification of airgun moderators is prohibited. The discussion of any "adapters" used to convert an airgun moderator to a firearm silencer will result in immediate termination of the account.*
The last sentence of that I can understand. But factory standard airgun mods are not NFA items.

We are doomed. Top of the Classifieds page:

The buying, selling, trading, or gifting of a standalone airgun moderator is no longer supported in the Classified section. Airgun moderators that are permanently affixed to an airgun will be allowed. Please review the updated Classified Rules and Known Scammers List before engaging in ANY transaction.

*Effective 3/27/2024 - The discussion of the creation, fabrication, or modification of airgun moderators is prohibited. The discussion of any "adapters" used to convert an airgun moderator to a firearm silencer will result in immediate termination of the account.*
I fail to notice where this applies to legally produced airgun moderators like DonnyFls and 0dBs…

I fail to notice where this applies to legally produced airgun moderators like DonnyFls and 0dBs…
The buying, selling, trading, or gifting of a standalone airgun moderator is no longer supported in the Classified section. Airgun moderators that are permanently affixed to an airgun will be allowed. Please review the updated Classified Rules and Known Scammers List before engaging in ANY transaction.

Thanks for updating me… 🙏 Simply sad… Its all about “how citizens vote”… compliance to absurdity and lawfare? Encourages more of the same…👎

Yes we’ve all seen that.

Reactions: BABz58
Right! If they are labeled “Airgun Use Only”, what’s the problem?
The problem is that by legal definition, if they can be fixed to an actual firearm, even a .22 by any means including duct tape. And it reduces the report by any measurable means. By measurable, I'm 100 percent positive that a reduction of one decibel would meet that requirement..... if these conditions are met, then you could be in for it. If the three letter agency fancies you... that just is what it is. By letter of the law, if a prosecutor or judge decided this is how they wanted to interpret it, then that will be what it is.

Most of us have been well aware of this for ages. The only safe route is to weld one to your barrel.

But on the other hand, you won't see anyone doing that either.

The problem is that by legal definition, if they can be fixed to an actual firearm, even a .22 by any means including duct tape. And it reduces the report by any measurable means. By measurable, I'm 100 percent positive that a reduction of one decibel would meet that requirement..... if these conditions are met, then you could be in for it. If the three letter agency fancies you... that just is what it is. By letter of the law, if a prosecutor or judge decided this is how they wanted to interpret it, then that will be what it is.

Most of us have been well aware of this for ages. The only safe route is to weld one to your barrel.

But on the other hand, you won't see anyone doing that either.
Even so, airgun mods are not constructed to handle the pressures of a firearm and have the 1/2x20 threads, proprietary to the airgun world.

In several states, IL for example, airguns are classified as firearms. Look up IL PICA Act (Protecting Illinois Communities Act) and you will see where we are headed. Following that line of thought, no firearm sales are allowed in the Classifieds.
Hence the name “Airgun Nation”. You sure won’t be seeing me moving to Illinois. Haha.

I would imagine there's a good reason the policy was implemented.

Is there a place where the details of this policy can be discussed, or is currently being discussed?
Not that I’ve seen yet. Just the brash notice at the top of the home page and the one posted in this thread above by WoodWelder. If anybody sees something new about why, let us know.

Status
Not open for further replies.