Moderator removal

So my assumption is correct then that the moderator IS screwed on to the end cap? And I removed the end cap? I’m thinking that I need to get the end cap separated from the moderator before I glue the end cap back in place .
1590581862_13362768375ece5a6650b316.15109356.jpg

I took my shroud off for the first time this morning. That piece in the above picture with the hole in it, next to the wrench appeared to be press fitted on to the end of my 177 barrel. I didn't attempt to move it. Mine did not have that knurled piece like yours does and if it did, it stayed in the end of the shroud and I couldn't see it. I didn't attempt to take the cap off either.

On mine, that piece with the hole in it flared out where the knurled piece that your picture shows and had an "O" ring that filled the inner diameter of the shroud. Seems somewhat different than what I see in that picture.

I can only suspect that Daystate made changes or the design of the gun with different calibers changes at that point. My gun came from AOA and I was told it was new stock for what that is worth. I have had it about a month.

If you glue that knurled piece back in, you should be able to remove the moderator at will.

I think I’ve accomplished my goal. The moderator will be easy to remove. I see no reason that I would need to remove the shroud. If it comes up I guess I’ll deal with it then. The barrel with the shroud attached is easily removed and now that I have the moderator situation addressed cleaning should be a snap. Hopefully I can run a bore snake down for most of the cleaning.

Well, you really don't have it apart. The shroud end cap/adapter is still attached to the silencer base. Looks like they glued it on. It would be best if you can separate the two, and then have a silencer that you can screw off and on as designed. Heat will melt the epoxy and allow you to separate them. But, given the materials involved, I don't know how much heat you should apply. With steel parts I use a propane torch, but I'm not sure that is advisable here. 

Ok. I suspected as much. But I’m not going to go further for fear of damage. You know the old. Keep fixing it tell it’s broke deal. I can accomplish what I need to do. The only issue would be if you wanted to remove the moderator and install a thread protector. I’ll never do that. It seems like some one just applied thread sealer every place it could be applied.

You are correct, the only two grub screws are the two in the rear of the shroud. The shroud end cap is not threaded, as the carbon fiber shroud is not threading friendly. It's glued on. If yours has come off, just rough it up a little with file or sandpaper and use some two-part epoxy to attach it. Mine came off the second time I shot the rifle, flew right off with the Donny silencer attached! Luckily nothing was damaged.

2nd shot rifle straight out of the box the OEM Daystate threaded adaptor comes flying out attached to the DonnyFL? Isn't that part threaded into the shroud? Is it only press fit glued in? Yo!