• *Effective 3/27/2024 - The discussion of the creation, fabrication, or modification of airgun moderators is prohibited. The discussion of any "adapters" used to convert an airgun moderator to a firearm silencer will result in immediate termination of the account.*
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Moderator Quality

I would recommend DonnyFl's line of Moderators. They are designed to be modified by the user by adding/using different materials, but I've not found any need to do so as they work well, to begin with. For legal reasons, stay with commercially available silencers or someone with a very good understanding of the laws regarding these items.
I did not know that those were designed to be modified by the end user.

That's good to know maybe I'll make a baffle set for a couple of the models.

I've got the Tonto and the Tatsu already. Tonto quite good out of the box. Tatsu not so much.

I am curious about how effective an actual PB suppressor would be on an airgun? Completely different types of materials used so I won't even begin to speculate. Would be interesting if anyone on the forums has a registered unit and would be willing to get some airgun sound reduction data to us.
They reduce the sound but not as efficiently as one designed primarily for airguns.

I did not know that those were designed to be modified by the end user.

That's good to know maybe I'll make a baffle set for a couple of the models.

I've got the Tonto and the Tatsu already. Tonto quite good out of the box. Tatsu not so much.
I don't think you're familiar with Donnyfl's product or you would know the steps he took to make that impossible.
CYA when it comes to the law.

Durability. I'm putting one on a .454 air rifle to quiet it down a little, but it has a lot of fpe, and I shoot Speer roundballs so clipping would blow it apart.
I recall for a Western Big bore Bushbuck (600 fpe.) Donnyfl recommended his Emperor with an extension in .45-.50 configuration.
He now has the Great Karma, which is essentially the same thing but in a single configuration. As for round balls and their safety, I'm sure he could provide an answer if inquiries to do so.

When you posted this,

I would recommend DonnyFl's line of Moderators. They are designed to be modified by the user by adding/using different materials, but I've not found any need to do so as they work well, to begin with. For legal reasons, stay with commercially available silencers or someone with a very good understanding of the laws regarding these items.

I suggested I might make baffles to modify one of mine.

You responded with this,

I don't think you're familiar with Donnyfl's product or you would know the steps he took to make that impossible.
CYA when it comes to the law.

So, OK... o_O

I dunno @Squack which is it? I wish you would make up your mind. He designed them to be modifiable or he designed them not to be modifiable. Maybe I missed something?

... and literally 35 minutes later ...

Tatsu-attach.jpgTatsu-muzzle.jpg

Last edited:
@CyberDyneSystems Can you post a photo of that moderator?
moderators.jpg

It's the huge one on the left obviously, no name or numbers on it. It's fitting is larger than the standard 1/2" thread. That's the 0DB that came with my Huntsman in the middle, and a DonnyFL Sumo for scale.

View attachment 289132
It's the huge one on the left obviously, no name or numbers on it. It's fitting is larger than the standard 1/2" thread. That's the 0DB that came with my Huntsman in the middle, and a DonnyFL Sumo for scale.
That should certainly do it. More than 10 inches long and 1.75 inches in diameter. I make that at more than 400 cc.

Last edited:
@CyberDyneSystems Yea that’s a huge can. It looks longer than an Emperor. How do you think it compares to a Great Kami?
Those pictured, and the Donny Tanto, are the only mods I've used thus far, so I can't compare. Sorry I don't know who made this. I don't even recall if the seller mentioned it. What I do know is this thing is very light despite it's size. It full of baffles and mesh, and it really works. Keep in mind that a stock DragonClaw is .50, but it's also relatively low FPS compared to what people like to push these days. With this on, the Dragonclow sounds about as loud as the Akela in .22 with the Tanto mounted.

Reactions: OldSpook