Daystate Moderator problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had moderators on my rifles for a long time over a period of time. I have noticed that the pellet will clip the end of the moderator and divert the pellet What can I do to fix this? I have bought new shrouds and it still does it. This is on a Daystate Red Wolf.
You can drill the bore out a little larger if you don't want to buy a new suppressor for a larger caliber.

Reactions: Dairyboy
The barrel is 30 caliber I have put a 25 caliber barrel on it and it does the same thing
I think everyone is going to need a little more information like, what caliber suppressor are you running now, I'm guessing 30 cal.? When did it start? After the barrel change? And lastly, call AOA and pick their brains, they know the most about daystates and brococks.

I think everyone is going to need a little more information like, what caliber suppressor are you running now, I'm guessing 30 cal.? When did it start? After the barrel change? And lastly, call AOA and pick their brains, they know the most about daystates and brococks.

I had the adapter come off and AOA told me to glue it back on with JB. and that still did it, bought a new shroud and it still did it. It is a 30 caliber moderator. I have four barrels for it and each one of them all have different shrouds for them. It clips on the 30 and 25 not the 22 or 177

My guess is the mods threads or end cap are not square to the bore axis. If it does it on different barrels either every barrels thread tennon and shoulder are not square to the bore axis or the mods threaded cap, flat face of said cap that seats against the barrels shoulder, muzzle end cap or one of the internal holes are not square to the bores axis.

My guess is the mods threads or end cap are not square to the bore axis. If it does it on different barrels either every barrels thread tennon and shoulder are not square to the bore axis or the mods threaded cap, flat face of said cap that seats against the barrels shoulder, muzzle end cap or one of the internal holes are not square to the bores axis.
Easy to see this too, by simply rolling it on a glass smooth tabletop to see if the holes move up and down as it rolls.

Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein
I had that very issue with a new magazine. It clipped with both my .22 and .25 barrels. Sent it back and they sent me a new one that has been fine with zero clipping ever since.
Easy to see this too, by simply rolling it on a glass smooth tabletop to see if the holes move up and down as it rolls.
Not necessarily. Mine did not show any runout. I suspect that the threaded cap was bored center, but not straight. A degree or two off of the center line of the moderator, but I did not look into it that far since they agreed to send me a new one.

Reactions: Airgun-hobbyist
Status
Not open for further replies.