• *Effective 3/27/2024 - The discussion of the creation, fabrication, or modification of airgun moderators is prohibited. The discussion of any "adapters" used to convert an airgun moderator to a firearm silencer will result in immediate termination of the account.*
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Moderator for Alpha Wolf

Consider turning down the regulator pressure!

BBRemedy and cavedweller;

If the gun is loud because the pellets are supersonic, then reducing the reg setting makes sense. Else, a high reg setting with a low hammer spring preload/short valve dwell is actually quieter than a low reg setting and a lot of hammer spring preload/valve dwell, achieving nominal power.

The question is, what pellet weight is the OP shooting at what velocity? Without that info, there is a lot of guessing going on.

I’m shooting 18.1 JSBs at 885 fps using the factory settings.
You still (easily) turn down the reg pressure manually - more shots, more efficient, quieter, etc.. remember you have to degas the gun and take pressure off the regulator to manually reduce reg pressure... increasing reg pressure under pressure is ok... lots of youtube info on this from AOA. If you reduce the reg pressure a bit the onboard computer will take care of your hammer/dwell etc... to maintain ES.

I’m shooting 18.1 JSBs at 885 fps using the factory settings.

Should not be causing an unusual problem.

Experimenting with reg pressure may be instructive. That way you can see for yourself how reg pressure and sound correlate; when the other settings are configured to produce the same power.

Setting for lower power should make the PCP quieter; as should raising the reg pressure to achieve the same power - counter intuitively.

Reactions: Stone02
Daystate rifles make a lot of mechanical noise and the high powered ones cannot be made very quiet. I've not used any of their E-rifles but I assume they would be as noisy as the analog system.
My suggestion is make sure it's not the rifle rather than the report you're hearing.
Properly set up they whisper and many people comment about how quiet my Alphawolf is

Reactions: Centercut