• *Effective 3/27/2024 - The discussion of the creation, fabrication, or modification of airgun moderators is prohibited. The discussion of any "adapters" used to convert an airgun moderator to a firearm silencer will result in immediate termination of the account.*

Moderator designs

I have reworked two Hatsan's into a muzzlebreak combo :)

20220728_103420.jpg

20220728_103728.jpg

So you take freely-given software, modify it and keep it to yourself?
You have a problem with that?

His code is better than mine and easier to read. Go download it and modify it however you would like. When you have a couple of hundred hours in it contact me and we'll talk about sharing our work.

Last edited:
I think it’s a distinction that will easily get blurred. Airstrippers do not necessarily quiet the sound but an air stripper in a metal tube would also moderate sound so it would effectively be a moderator.

If you were to make a moderator that just had flat baffles with no slopes or angles to redirect air then maybe you would say that that is not technically an air stripper (but of course it will also strip the air to a degree as any baffle will).

Well guys we need to get into the basics here....

Moderator: this is a device that will in various ways redirect and slow down the explosive air blast, shock wave, after the pellet leave the barrel.
This will result in a reduce muzzle report when you shoot your airgun.

An Air-Stripper is a device to "Strip" the turbulent air blast the surrounds the pellet as it exit the Muzzle.
The thought behind this device is to enhance accuracy by reducing the disrupting air turbulence around the pellet as it exits the barrel.
Sequence%2001_1.gif

So an Air-Stripper by itself will not effect the "Report" when you shoot your Airgun

Depending on the construction of the moderator. Some designs will have a moderate Air-stripping effect as an added benefit.....

HTH

Reactions: Macros
Looking at the GIF above I am surprised to see how much blow by there is exiting to barrel before the bullet.

It's probably not all blow-by. I would imagine the majority of it is simply the bullet pushing the pre-existing air-column in the barrel, out, together with some of the looser lead that had been accumulating on the barrel surface.

referencing the video above , i did an experiment with just painters tape on the end of a moderator . just put tape over the end of the moderator and shoot . now you have an exact projectile hole ( a .177 hole instead of a ,20 or what ever the exit hole is in your mod . it does make a difference and since the pellet makes the hole it is perfectly aligned new tape every few shots .

Airstripper inside a Vanquish shroud, worked wonders. Inspired by CAvarminter & Chip not so long ago, unless you are new to airguns then, once upon a time.
Tolerances matter.
John View attachment 280308
The Vanquish seems familiar.......
Metal Shroud supports...... Hmmm...
Was it tuned by 220Swift???
All of us used share War stories working on Rapids!!! on AirgunAdvice!!!!
🪛🔧🔨📐