• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Moderator advice: Reporting a scammer

Moderator advice please!
Is there a way, and am I allowed to report a scammer?
And if I do, will the details be preserved for other members to take reference?

Here's the scoop
I ran into a seller on another forum.
I do not know if he is an AGN member
His ad was a nearly direct copy of text and the exact images used in an ad in 2018
I can provide email address, PayPal address, and the name used on the PayPal account and details of the item for sale
Hopefully no one will fall for this guy
FWIW
No!
I have not been scammed

Thanks
Edward

Moderator advice please!
Is there a way, and am I allowed to report a scammer?
And if I do, will the details be preserved for other members to take reference?

Here's the scoop
I ran into a seller on another forum.
I do not know if he is an AGN member
His ad was a nearly direct copy of text and the exact images used in an ad in 2018
I can provide email address, PayPal address, and the name used on the PayPal account and details of the item for sale
Hopefully no one will fall for this guy
FWIW
No!
I have not been scammed

Thanks
Edward
Ugh, that sucks. I’m sorry to hear about your experience. That’s why I don’t do PayPal friends and family. I pay what someone wants in price plus cover the extra fees for a regular transfer. That insures me if it’s a scam. I’ve only had to use it twice in 18 years, but a few bucks extra is definitely worth it.

Ugh, that sucks. I’m sorry to hear about your experience. That’s why I don’t do PayPal friends and family. I pay what someone wants in price plus cover the extra fees for a regular transfer. That insures me if it’s a scam. I’ve only had to use it twice in 18 years, but a few bucks extra is definitely worth it.
Nothing to be sorry about
As stated, I did not get scammed.
Just need some advice from the Moderators on exposing this guy so other members don't get ripped off

Reactions: Airgunmann
I am the kind that will only use a PO Money Order, or Cashiers Check. At least there is a Paper Trail, and the person can cash it right away and not have to wait for the check to clear. I have bought lots of firearm's and loading supplies that way. Luckily I never had a scammer. I believe I read a bit about reporting Scammers in the Classifide rules below?

Reactions: erock and 17dean