• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Diana Model 5

Hello all. I got this Model 5 pistol from my Grandpa years ago. I think he bought it in Spain back in the 60s. The problem I'm having with it at the moment is that the pellet doesn't always leave the barrel, so I think I need new seals for it, but I haven't been able to find them. Any help would be great. Thanks.
20231030_144910.jpg
20231030_144938.jpg

buy the seals from where you what
but the last, an only time i had the misfortune to use a red seal which did come from ARH to use in a model 6 it was so oversize it drove me nuts
rear cap---the small screw is a 3mm and the threads in the tube are your friend, because with a grub, after you unscrew the cap far enough you can hold the rear spacer in place and with it the spring till you can get a clamp on the rear of the pistol, if the hole is screwed up good luck
when you reassembly you can push it all together and set the grub screw, then put on the cap and reverse the rest
you will have one hell of a time getting that 3mm hole to line up, trust me
also the seals for the 5 and 6's are the same and that makes them a royal pain in the A$$ to install, you will need to build a tool for installation, hot water or hair dryer will help but not much

let the fun begin

the rest is easy may take a couple days to get the tube clean because soaking may be needed and you are not in a hurry do it right the first time
i could go on but what fun would that be

Reactions: BishopHastur
buy the seals from where you what
but the last, an only time i had the misfortune to use a red seal which did come from ARH to use in a model 6 it was so oversize it drove me nuts
rear cap---the small screw is a 3mm and the threads in the tube are your friend, because with a grub, after you unscrew the cap far enough you can hold the rear spacer in place and with it the spring till you can get a clamp on the rear of the pistol, if the hole is screwed up good luck
when you reassembly you can push it all together and set the grub screw, then put on the cap and reverse the rest
you will have one hell of a time getting that 3mm hole to line up, trust me
also the seals for the 5 and 6's are the same and that makes them a royal pain in the A$$ to install, you will need to build a tool for installation, hot water or hair dryer will help but not much

let the fun begin

the rest is easy may take a couple days to get the tube clean because soaking may be needed and you are not in a hurry do it right the first time
i could go on but what fun would that be
I found that a tapered wire nut with a base matching the diameter of the boss located on the top of the piston will make things MUCH easier. Hold the piston in an upright position, set the nut on the boss with the large diameter facing down, place the seal over the small end of the nut, and press down around the periphery of the seal smartly. It should snap right over and onto the boss very easily. It goes without saying, of course, that you don’t want the kind of wire nut with wings.

yes, the wire nut as the tool has been used, i made one out or Delrin
the other thing is you can get lucky and bam you get it the first time but if you do enough of them you will find that is not always the case but a cheat tool that will work
you need a way to hold the piston, a socket that will push on the seal and in my case with a solid rod i use glue dots to hold the Delrin rod in place and of course a clamp to push the seal in place
with and model 5 you get to do it once and with and model 6 you get to do it twice
it is one of the many tricks to work on the Model 5 and 6 Diana's