Model 48 Being Discontinued by Diana

Wow, I guess all good things come to an end. If I ever needed a hunting springer it would be a Model 48 in .22.
Wonderful rifle. Bit heavy for an old man to carry all day. Mine made a 79 yard head shot on a squirrel (tuned by John in PA). Gave it to a nephew.

wonder if a 48 action will fit into a 56 sled and stock ?
Sadly the "Sled" components of 54/56 actions are spot welded to the main tube. So a 48 can't be retrofitted with the required parts to"Sled it"
Pretty sure :rolleyes: stocks between sled & non sled models won't interchange.

Sadly the "Sled" components of 54/56 actions are spot welded to the main tube. So a 48 can't be retrofitted with the required parts to"Sled it"
Pretty sure :rolleyes: stocks between sled & non sled models won't interchange.

Exactly what i thought , Thanks for answering . Stan in KY .
I am thinking of a 56 in .25 would be a good thing . , just saw it on internet . Out of stock of course another in UK 11.2 fpe .22 a dream machine to me .

The 48 in .177 was the first airgun I purchased as an adult back in 1995/1996 IIRC. I purchased it via mail order from Gander Mountain. I sold it to a neighbor but then bought it back from him at a lower price lol. I still have it. If I was to do it all over again, I would've got one in .22cal.

When my neighbor had it, he did his own "custom" rattle can paint job on it.
DSC00758.jpg

After I bought it back from him, I stripped it down and refinished it. Both of these pics are old. Maybe 10-15 years ago.
DSC00806.jpg