Diana model 23 how old ?

just bought a Diana 23 Lux . besides made in Germany there no other markings . has a finger groove stock and Diana is holding a rifle in the right hand above her head , and a Bow in the left , the lux is stamped on the barrel block . i can find no other markings , no date . I will post pictures tomorrow .
Thanks Stan in KY .

thumbnail_IMG_4242.jpg

Lux isn't referring to the model: there was no Lux version of the Diana 23! Might have been stamped by the dealer.

If there is no 2 digit year stamped into the heel of the butt, then I would date it as early 60's. Sometime after 1958, Diana seem to have stopped stamping the year into that spot and didn't start dating guns again until June 1966, when they used the MM YY format on the backend of the cylinder, left side. These are my pair: the older one with finger grooves is undated, the lower one is dated 08 73. If the gun is made after Jan. 1970 it will have a Friemark (F in a pentagon), which is the German mark for an airgun with less than 7J muzzle energy, such as the Diana 23.

20220103_150354-01.jpeg

What a classic! That peep sight factory? Really adds to the overall appeal.
No, the tang sight was on the gun when I purchased it but isn't original. It's a "Lyman 1A SL" made for Winchester models 1905, 1907. It has a flip down aperture, which comes in handy when there isn't much lighting.
They never came with checkering either. Like MDrikill says, it's "a little treasure" and I had to have it when I saw it.
Lyman sight.jpg
sight view.jpg

No, the tang sight was on the gun when I purchased it but isn't original. It's a "Lyman 1A SL" made for Winchester models 1905, 1907. It has a flip down aperture, which comes in handy when there isn't much lighting.
They never came with checkering either. Like MDrikill says, it's "a little treasure" and I had to have it when I saw it.
View attachment 460496View attachment 460495
So i looked up Lyman 1A SL , Ebay had listed @ $275 or best offer .