MKIII Sniper Cat Wild .25 FX

Very nice set up JoeKool!! What single shot tray do you have? Do you find that your cheek is in a comfortable and repeatable position for the sight pic as far as height goes and did you have to pick the right height scope rings to achieve that? Wander if there is an adjustable cheek riser piece you can get?

Keith

Thanks Keith,

The eBay special, the single shot tray is from a good guy on eBay who 3D prints and sells them. It is actually for the FX Crown or Dreamline. I helped him develop them back in 2017 for the original FX Crown. They fit and work flawlessly. Luckily the New WC MKIII and the Crown and Dreamline’s magazine are the same, so they are interchangeable but caliber specific.. I have them for all of my FX’s. For target shooting I almost exclusively use a SST.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/192546390608

My sight picture is perfect, all versions of the Wildcat’s cheek rest were a great fit for me with high mounts. I am using 30mm FX No-limit adjustable mounts picatinny style. The rear mount is raised a few millimeters.

1590623006_13497641315ecefb1ee12e43.31592746.jpeg

The FX dreamline plenum is a direct fit? 

how many shots are you getting at that power level? 30-40? 

wildcat mk3 is tempting me.

A direct fit with a catch... There is a 1mm gap on the breach end side but fits exact on the air tube side. I have placed a thin o-ring in that gap and it disguises it (looks OEM) works and doesn’t leak at all. You wouldn’t notice it where it’s located, I will live with it temporarily until the official Wildcat’s external plenum Is available. The benefits outweigh the “very” minor cosmetic change. Heck, I may even stack two!

Haven’t counted shots yet, but I will. Its better than 30 or 40 though, more like 50..

Anyone who likes the FX Wildcat MKI or MKII will love the MKIII !! Same gun but IMO its better due to the new upgrades. These are not “changes” they are “upgrades”...

I am envious, did it come with the new superior liner? I had my Wildcat shooting the 33.95gr at around 885fps but in the end I settled with a tune at 840fps. With 840fps I have better groups out to 80 yards, and 90% of my shooting is between 50 and 80yds.

Looking forward to your write up, happy shooting Joe.

Yes, it comes with the 700mm Superior STX barrel.

I totally agree and understand you slightly tuning her down. My MKIII is not maxed out she can be tuned much hotter. I had her shooting 910fps with 33.95g, but I have learned from power tuning my MKII that projectile stability is better in the lower 50 to 65 fpe range. That’s plenty of power for a .25 caliber, more than enough for myself. I don’t power tune for the absolute most power, just a bit more power than factory usually 10 to 15 fpe more. Then go with a heavier projectile, this has worked out well with my FX’s.

1590618469_12838318415ecee965e82e67.55393477.jpeg

1590618540_9600134755ecee9aca92fd6.39564924.jpeg