MK II's and the Crown

So I finally got to go and see how the MKI's would perform against the MKII's.
After washing, weighing, sorting and lubing I was rearing to go!
I put some over the chrony and they were on average (10 rounds) 12fps 846 slower the the MKII's at 140bar PL 5
still seemed to cycle fine.
Got to the range put a couple mags down range with the 25.4's to check that the scope was on.
Loaded up a mag of the MKI's 7 shots in and it jammed in the breach. Took the mag out and fired to
clear it, It wouldn't budge! To the barrel off and got it out, reassembled and noticed th mag wasn't
rotating. So I removed it unloaded, reloaded pushing the ammo in to seat better. 4 rounds in jammed again.
That was the end of the test.
BUMMER!

Hi Dennis

My Crown arrived similar time to yours.

Attached is my testing record of .25 magazine.Spent a while testing magazine feed.Results tested each holder 3 times for each pellet type
Tap= tap magazine lightly
push l = push lightly with pen
push h = push hard with pen
F= will not seat
Kings
Holders
1-6 pass ok
7- pass tap
8 – pass tap
9- push l
10- push l
11-16 pass ok
King Heavy mk1
1-4 pass tap
5 pass push h
6 pass push h
7 Fail jam
8- Fail jam
9- Fail jam
10-16 not tested
King Heavy mk2 batch 2018 year
1-6 pass ok
7- pass l
8- pass l
9- pass h
10 -pass h
11-16 pass
Result
Kings be careful loading
“. KH mk1 unusable
“. KH mk2 not usable due to bad manufacture of magazine
Note
. Incorrect seating of pellet causes shaving of base and discharge down barrel of fine material with obvious results

I complained to my dealer who is sending me a new magazine and confirms tested as above perfectly.

Hope it helps you.

Safe shooting

Man you had a time of it! I did buff my mag out with the dremel and the 25.4 and MKII's load so smooth! The other thing with these MKI's is they were part of the original release way back when ever that was. I'll send them to SMH or someone who's gun will shoot them.
Hey do you remember who it was that had a CF non silence shroud made for their crown? He is from OZ.

Dennis

Hi Dennis

Crown magazine update. I do not have a dremel and am not prepared to ruin several magazines in learning how to make it work.
Been in touch with dealer because my mag will not load mk2’s at all, push as hard as you like. It jams at about holder 7. Dealer sent me another , even worse than original.I await to see what happens next

yours unhappy and furious

Safe shooting

Last year I had the same problem with my Impact. It would cycle smoothly through round 8, then had to tap magazine to get it to rotate from round 9 to round 13 then would cycle smoothly. I had to take material off the inside of the mag housing to get the MKIs and MKIIs to load and cycle. Another poster took some measurements and reported that his mag carousel was not centered. Sounds like the Crown mags are having the same issue.

Hi
Udate. My dealer is very very helpful. When told second mag pellets still sticking and needed poking in his comment was that is what you should do!
So I do. 
Purchased a head gauge which allows, say in 6.35 , a range from 6.32 through to 6.42. First tin of jsb kngs 25.39 gauged.
Result 60% 6.38
35% 6.39
5% 6.40

So next stage is to assess whether the 6.38 stck in mag and any difference in Chrono figures

safe shooting

2Dlc

Omitted to say they tested all the pellets, King, mk1 and mk 2 said they worked fine.
i bought pellets from the same batch so mine have issues. Their comment was must be my pellets as all pellets are different.
Not worth arguing over. We all know their magazines have issues. If I could be bothered I would video the loading and post. Obviously their pellets all drop in and mine do nor. Same number cells as before 7 -9 . Shame because it takes the edge off a really nice gun. So as Tominco and others say single shot load. Heh the only modern gun with a crap magazine. There again millions will say mine is ok.

Heh a Yureka moment I could use a .30 mag. Others are using .25 in a .22. 

Safe shooting