MK 2 - M3

Folks have been dealing with glaring white lettering on the sides of firearms and airguns for a long time. Simplest and very effective fix requires nothing more than a black Sharpie marker. Doesn't make anything magically disappear, but tones it down really nicely so that it is no longer so obvious or garish.

All in all there are very simple ways to address what might otherwise prevent you from owning what might turn out to be a fantastic performer of an airgun. And in the end it is just a tool, not something to be proudly displayed on the wall above your fireplace. And if a tool works well, does it really matter how it looks?

TMH has got it right. It's just a tool although the addiction would like you to think much more of it than that. Tools don't need to look fancy and are often neglected and ugly. So cosmetics are cosmetics and that's about the just of it. A little paint, Magic Marker, some Camo Tape, or Shrink Tube can make it an altogether different animal for cheap. Or go for the nice look and Ceracote it pink or sumthin. So, we can just buy our $2K super gun and personalize it, any way we like, when we have it in our grubby little hands. ;^) 

Mk3 is coming next month 😀

Yeah, maybe they'll flip the safety back. Having shot AR's for 20 years I'm not so sure about messing with my muscle memory by trying something with an identical grip and a reversed safety lever.

LOL at the reverse safety. I just realized that, but why did they need to "fix" that? That's a huge turn off...

FX Impact, why M3 and not MK 3? Every else in the world is MK

Fx just blows my mind with naming their products, just stick with innovating new products, not innovating new names that get people confused.

What next...STX superior medium but not to heavy liner?

It's only me or anyone else feeling this way?

B

It’s probably not as mischevuous as you think lol. If you think about it’s a brand new gun In the Impact style, and what I mean by that is the mk I and mk ii were interchangeable with all new upgrades this you can’t turn your mkii into a m3. Except from my understanding the power plenum, probably some of the accessories. 

and if your that worried about the safety and accidentally neglegently discharging an air rifle you probably shouldn’t be handling them. Lol. If this was an AR15 I could see why people would be upset about the safety, with an AR15 your constantly switching on and off, when your hunting with an air rifle (maybe except birds) your probably not switching that often, and I’d your plinking idk maybe it’s me but I only go on safe if I go down range. Maybe I took to heart the idea from the movie black hawk dawn but in combat were really drilled you need to break 2-3 safety rules to be have an accident .. guns just don’t “go off” lol. Especially an airgun , especially an airgun like the impact. 

It’s not a tool, it’s a luxury item. You are kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

I’ve heard rumors from FX assembly workers that the Chinese factory that manufactures their parts accidentally forgot the “k” so they just decided to roll with it and call it the M3. I’m sure they’ll be hearing from BMW’s trademark lawyers soon and these M3’s will be going for 10x msrp as collectibles.

and if your that worried about the safety and accidentally neglegently discharging an air rifle you probably shouldn’t be handling them. Lol. If this was an AR15 I could see why people would be upset about the safety, with an AR15 your constantly switching on and off, when your hunting with an air rifle (maybe except birds) your probably not switching that often, and I’d your plinking idk maybe it’s me but I only go on safe if I go down range.

It's not so much the worry about an accidental discharge (Although that is a concern), the big issue is accidently "not" discharging. For those that only shoot at paper and only use one gun it might not matter, but if you hunt and have decades of ingrained memory of flipping the safety one way, having to do the opposite would be a HUGE deal! Especially if the next day you might be out hunting with .223 AR.

It’s not a tool, it’s a luxury item. You are kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

I’ve heard rumors from FX assembly workers that the Chinese factory that manufactures their parts accidentally forgot the “k” so they just decided to roll with it and call it the M3. I’m sure they’ll be hearing from BMW’s trademark lawyers soon and these M3’s will be going for 10x msrp as collectibles.

Nice try, they make their own parts including regulators and barrels.

Nice try, they make their own parts including regulators and barrels.

No, it’s definitely true. I heard it from the same reliable source that said the reason they changed from MK3 to M3 was that Elon Musk suggested it to Matt Dubber when they were toking it up at his place in SA.

Yeah, maybe they'll flip the safety back. Having shot AR's for 20 years I'm not so sure about messing with my muscle memory by trying something with an identical grip and a reversed safety lever.

Not to worry, different safety switch configurations are coming (at $15, so not a biggie). The switch is moved as though this is a hunting rifle, it's also a competition rifle and the AR configuration was causing a lot of problems in speed tournaments. But as mentioned, there's some options from FX that will be hitting the market soon as we definitely understand the muscle memory that can come for those that shoot ARs a lot (especially ex-military).

Not to worry, different safety switch configurations are coming (at $15, so not a biggie). The switch is moved as though this is a hunting rifle, it's also a competition rifle and the AR configuration was causing a lot of problems in speed tournaments. But as mentioned, there's some options from FX that will be hitting the market soon as we definitely understand the muscle memory that can come for those that shoot ARs a lot (especially ex-military).

That's great news! Since FX always seems to be on point with the details, I should have known that such an issue wouldn't be overlooked.