Missouri Ozarks

Ozark

Mar 31, 2019
MO
Good Afternoon, looking to get together with any fellow airgunners in the SW Missouri Ozarks for a small game hunt. I have access to 500+ acres of private land or we could go find a nice piece of conservation land. Maybe plan a camp out over a weekend. Let me know!! 
1571793143_4880295645dafa8f800d512.42125428_IMG_20191022_142318_942.jpg

I believe squirrel season comes to a close around Dec 15th so if everyone wants to get together before then I would be down. I live close to Ozark, Mo. 

@Imyourhuckleberry, I know of a place in the Mark Twain Forrest that I can take my jeep back on the trails. I usually drive way back in 5hen find some oak/hickory trees to just sit and watch. A nice way to hunt without having to walk. I also have a pretty decent plinking range at my house that reaches out past 80 yards. 

@jizzl001, if you would like to make the trip down to this area would be happy to meet up and get out there in the woods to do some hunting! 

What kind of airguns are you guys running?

My schedule changes since I'm self employed, but I plan on going out this upcoming weekend either Saturday or Sunday morning down here around the Chadwick, MO area on some public land that never gets small game hunters (usually horseback riders only in the summer and early fall) If anyone would like to join send me a PM and we can meet up. I have scouted the area and have seen a couple good patches of nice food and water sources. 

If you all cant meet up this weekend maybe in the future. Stay in touch and I hope everyone is getting dome trigger time this weekend somewhere!! 

We recently went to the National Forest. The squirrels wee still in the trees and hard to even catch glimpses of. Right now is prime time, but the deer frenzy will be taking over the weekends on public ground.

The Berryman Trail camp, various roadside camping spots, the Brazil Creek camp, plus the camp with hookups for campers at the Lake. All in about a ten mile circle. Thousands of acres of woods, plenty of free camping, paid camping for those who want things a little nicer, and plenty of room to gather to visit.

Highway eight gives access from both sides of the state, and from the St. Louis area it is about 70 miles. This time of year, you would have to go during the week while the orange army are at work, but it is prime right now. The change has the nuts dropping, and the squirrels are gathering, defending territory, and chasing. For a squirrel hunter, it doesn't get any better!

People from outside the area should make sure they have a small game permit, since the chance of being visited is good if you are there for more than a day. If it is much of a trip, taking time to spend a few days just makes sense, and if you do it there, people can stay as long as they wish. The limits are generous, and the squirrel hunting is good. There are small stores within 15 miles of each campground, and within a few miles of the lake camp/ YMCA of the Ozarks. Sunnen Lake.

Technically, you could book a suite at the lodge and not rough it at all.