• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Missing Tuner and My Missing Airgun (HELP)

AGN Folks,

I am asking for your help. About 6-7 weeks ago I sent my RAW .30 to Mark Buchanan (who formerly worked with RAW) in Mesa, Arizona, to be tuned. (I got his name and made contact through the AGN forum.)

At this point I have not received my gun back. While the unexpected delay is bothersome, my real concern is that Mark has not responded to ANY form of communication for at least 2 weeks. Even prior to that he was very difficult to reach. Now, however, he does not answer or return any phone calls and messages. Same thing with emails, text messages, and private messages through the AGN site. It's as though he has completely vanished, taking my hard-earned equipment with him.

If anyone has any information about Mark--where he is, if something has happened (I hope not)--I would truly appreciate a reply or private message. I am getting extremely concerned about whether I will be getting this gun back. In case you are wondering, I have shipping information and a long email chain that shows he did receive my gun, and also my many unsuccessful attempts to contact him. While I have his address, I live in Illinois which makes finding him personally much harder.

Thank you for any help anyone can provide!

I really don't like to down talk people, and try very hard to not do so, but this guy did something very similar to me as well (although it wasn't concerning a rifle). He just dropped off the radar completely with no warning or explanation. My repeated attempts to contact him through many of the same ways you've mentioned produced no results over months of trying. Eventually, I gave up and let him burn a long lasting impression of his true character in my mind. If you do manage to get in touch with him, I'd suggest getting your equipment back IMMEDIATELY with or without the work done. I think he still haunts the airgun competitions in Phoenix so, someone here should know how to track him down. Maybe call in a favor and have someone get your stuff back from him and ship it to you rather than count on him to follow through. I'm very sorry to have to say this and I know it does not give you any confidence. 
I truly wish you the best of luck! 
Tom

Wanted to post a quick update because some people on this board were helping me out...

To make a long story short, I finally got in touch with Mark a few days ago, the work is complete, and my airgun is returned (although I haven't had a chance to try it out yet.) Fortunately, Mark was in fact alive and well, and there were reasonable reasons for the communication issues and the delay we experienced--but I will keep those between us.

I did want to say thanks to the 3-4 guys who got in touch with me and offered help and advice in tracking my gear down. I appreciate your efforts in looking out for a fellow airgunner.

Now I will try it out (if it ever warms up) and see if it is as good as it sounds like it should be.