Tuning Mis-Fire on BullBoss 25

Greetings,

I am a new BullBoss owner. I have successfully filled the BullBoss with a partial fill to around 100 bar.

I had several events that I can only call "misfires" as after loading pellet and taking the safety off when I pulled the trigger it resulted in a 'no-fire'. On next reload of next pellet it fired OK with obviously 2 pellets being ejected.

On successful trigger pulls all I can say is that it is a very long pull. Could the trigger be so far off proper setting that it is not tripping the air thingy?

In other news everyone owning a Hatsan BullBoss would like to lost about 2 lbs of it. Anyone with ideas on shaving weight. Or, just get a caisson to pull it around.

it sounds like it's not cocking completely, I had issues like that with my bullboss, I found that if the Hammer spring is set to tight, it will not cock the hammer properly, also if the trigger adjustments are not set correctly it will not engage properly, make sure you pull the side lever all the way back and you will feel it lock, if it doesn't lock, you need to adjust the hammer spring, you will need a tool to put in the hole in the hammer side to hold the hammer from spinning and a Hex wrench to turn the allen screw in the hammer, I forget the size, 4mm or 6 mm I think, on Hatsan's turning the Hammer spring adjustment screw CCW increases spring tension and CW decreases spring tension, also some times the screw will migrate by itself, a little blue loctite will cure that.

good luck 

download.png
View attachment Bullboss pdf 1.1651253784.pdf

Greetings,

I am a new BullBoss owner. I have successfully filled the BullBoss with a partial fill to around 100 bar.

I had several events that I can only call "misfires" as after loading pellet and taking the safety off when I pulled the trigger it resulted in a 'no-fire'. On next reload of next pellet it fired OK with obviously 2 pellets being ejected.

On successful trigger pulls all I can say is that it is a very long pull. Could the trigger be so far off proper setting that it is not tripping the air thingy?

In other news everyone owning a Hatsan BullBoss would like to lost about 2 lbs of it. Anyone with ideas on shaving weight. Or, just get a caisson to pull it around.
As for the trigger. They have some adjustment. The owners manual covers that. For the weight it is what it is. Big gun that is quite. The Wright is mostly at the back so very manageable.