Minute-Of-Bird (MOB) accuracy - The real size of pest bird bodies

I can hit a honey bee at 100 yard 7 out of 10 times with my impact. These birds are no challenge. Most modern pcp airgun will do under .50 inches at 50 yards and under 1" at 100 yard.

Man, that is a bold public statement I need to see to believe. Hey PigeonMan are you up for a challenge? Draw ten 3/8" diameter spots on paper, any color, put it up at 300 feet. Show us a witnessed video of you hitting 7 out of 10 spots on the paper. Edge hits of at least 25% into the spot count. You only get one chance to accomplish this feat. Post the video here for all to see. Do it and your next tin of favorite pellets is on me.

seven08

Don't see that happening anytime soon. Seven out of ten ?? Lucky for anyone to hit one out of ten.

The accuracy of modern airguns and the skills of some shooters is undeniable. I am all in favour of practicing at 100 + yards and tuning the gun to get the absolute best accuracy you can and I will watch in utter amazement as someone shoots a grain of rice off the top of a pin at 100 yards. however I am at a total loss as to understand why it is necessary to shoot at pigeons, starlings and sparrow at anything like that distances? I have not found any of those species difficult to get within more realistic ranges. I can’t comment on ground squirrels as we don’t have them here but I can’t imagine them to be particularly difficult to stalk either.

i am not against hunting, far from it, I have shot thousands ( if not 10 of thousands) of pigeons and almost as many rabbits but I am getting really bored of watching the same vermin shooting videos at ever longer ranges, I want to see, hunting skills not just lobbing pellet down range then editing the footage to show the kills. I used to find Ted’s, Matt’s and others videos both informative and interesting, not now, they are marketing videos, not hunting and not even effective vermin control.

Bb

My thoughts exactly.And they all seem to be for the FX Impact 

Of course they're for the Impact.....what other gun is shooting slugs this successfully?

Well, the Crown is too. I spent two days with Keith and Norm of 68Whiskey....he has the 25 caliber Crown shooting slugs over 200yds just as good as the Impact.

If there's another gun shooting slugs as well as these, I wouldn't have a problem seeing it or even trying it out.

Of course they're for the Impact.....what other gun is shooting slugs this successfully?

Well, the Crown is too. I spent two days with Keith and Norm of 68Whiskey....he has the 25 caliber Crown shooting slugs over 200yds just as good as the Impact.

If there's another gun shooting slugs as well as these, I wouldn't have a problem seeing it or even trying it out.

Don’t take it to heart Bob O.But go back and watch some of your early videos.I could be wrong but it seems that you’re latest videos are a tad more more commercialized.By the way I like watching your videos