Minimum target distance?

I totaly enjoy pesting at my two permissions. I shoot every day in the basement. I will shoot either my TX200 in .22, my HW50 in .177, HFT500 in .177 or my Evol .22.
I shoot basically 10 yards in the basement. I don’t teally need to shoot groups because at that distance off a bench it would be one hole with any of those rifles.
Not a big fan of constantly changing targets so I take a few minutes and make the target shown in photo. The stainless steel plate was a scrapped out rack from work that has 32 small drilled holes in it. I lay it on scrap copy paper and with a pen just make a quick inscribed circle. I shift the plate left and right to get 135 target circles. The circles are basically .22 in diameter. I shoot once at each circle.
When I pest hunt I use a Primos Trigger Stik from a seated position, so in the basement I do the same thing since that’s what I’m practicing to master.
I pest out to 50 yards, but most shots are under 25. But getting that pellet as close to dead center for me is good practice.
When I plink at my gun club I use the Minute of Fly target and other similar ones with lots of small targets on them, 9mm brass standing on a 2x4, knockdown targets etc. etc.

IMG_1954.jpeg

Reactions: rsfrid