• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Minimum pellet weights

A 6.5gr is fine for the HW30 as it’s something like a 7fpe powerplant if memory serves. 

For the HW50, Pyramyd says they tested it at about 850fpe with a 7.0gr RWS Hobby so a 6.5gr is probably okay there as well.

Meanwhile it is uncommon to find a non-lead pellet that will group as well as its leaded brethren but I suspect you already know that and are making that compromise for a particular reason. If not though, try some different JSB and H&N and RWS in the 7-9gr range to see what they can really do.

If you are interested in learning more about optimal pellet weight in springers, the potential for early spring fatigue or piston seal damage, see here:

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/did-i-damage-my-first-air-rifle/

The best way to find out with any particular gun is to chronograph it with a range of weights and see where it produces the most energy. Pellets in that general vicinity will almost always produce the best accuracy.