Mini tripod

I am fairly new to PCP air gunning. I bought my dad and myself matching Maverick 0.25 Snipers back in November when they first came out. I recently added the Kraford and Lypt chassis to both (one gold and one blue) and was looking into these small tripods.

Is the Leofoto LS-223C and INNOREL Low Profile Ball Head setup mentioned by Dairyboy in the original post the recommended way to go? The price point is appealing considering the whole setup is less expensive than Atlas BT46-LW17 I already have.

I see there is an N44 ball head model, too. Any reason to go with the N52 model over the N44?

Just ordered mine yesterday as we spoke about all this.. and holy lightning, its here just now (half of the order anyway; tripod is tomorrow). Freakn Amazon and these Chinese companies... like if the factory/store was right next door. Amazing and sad.. wont get into that though; no politics here, they say :)

As for quality, am impressed... have not seen/experienced RSS-branded products yet so cant compare for the price differences, but am impress with the quality for what I paid. I have several BT-atlas products/bipods; quality is on par seems. Thanks again for the heads up in these products/brands guys!

These tripods are a fantastic addition to bench shooting. Solid!

20201227_224021.1619132775.jpg

20210108_145027.1619132867.jpg

20210205_115321.1619132883.jpg

Just ordered mine yesterday as we spoke about all this.. and holy lightning, its here just now (half of the order anyway; tripod is tomorrow). Freakn Amazon and these Chinese companies... like if the factory/store was right next door. Amazing and sad.. wont get into that though; no politics here, they say :)

As for quality, am impressed... have not seen/experienced RSS-branded products yet so cant compare for the price differences, but am impress with the quality for what I paid. I have several BT-atlas products/bipods; quality is on par seems. Thanks again for the heads up in these products/brands guys!

Did you go with the N52 size ball head? I'm trying to decide if the N44 size would work equally as well or if the extra diameter of the N52 ball is worth the extra weight and height it adds.

Did you go with the N52 size ball head? I'm trying to decide if the N44 size would work equally as well or if the extra diameter of the N52 ball is worth the extra weight and height it adds.

Yes on the N52... as you may already see really comes down to how much weight/limit each will support.

I feel if most of the weight is centered , i.e. 30" oal bullpup, dont see why you can't go with even the N36 esp if you plan to keep things light overall and watching ounces. At the same time if can only have one and weight is not a factor, N52 all the way. Infact I can see where a weighty/more solid base in a setup as this will help more than not, esp with gun on top/top heavy.

Yes on the N52... as you may already see really comes down to how much weight/limit each will support.

I feel if most of the weight is centered , i.e. 30" oal bullpup, dont see why you can't go with even the N36 esp if you plan to keep things light overall and watching ounces. At the same time if can only have one and weight is not a factor, N52 all the way. Infact I can see where a weighty/more solid base in a setup as this will help more than not, esp with gun on top/top heavy.

Good points. You've convinced me to go with the N52 model. Weight really isn't a factor and I only want the one for now.

Just a thought - the smaller ball may be fine it the gun is pointing straight out horizontal with the weight centered on top of the ball. But, as soon as you tilt the gun up or down there will be weight pulling the ball forward or back. The smaller ball might not be able to hold all that weight and will slip.

@2L8 - how do you like the more rigid structure of the LS-362C compared with the less robust LS-223C?

I originally got a LS-223C, but even with a less than 10lb setup I see the legs giving under the weight. This causes a good amount of flex. As a result I am looking at the LM-402C which is spec'ed to hold 110lbs, compared with the 40-50ish lbs of the 223C. 

@2L8 - how do you like the more rigid structure of the LS-362C compared with the less robust LS-223C?

I originally got a LS-223C, but even with a less than 10lb setup I see the legs giving under the weight. This causes a good amount of flex. As a result I am looking at the LM-402C which is spec'ed to hold 110lbs, compared with the 40-50ish lbs of the 223C.

Coming from a photographic background I understand the importance of a high quality tripod. I will say I can not comment on a comparison between the LS-223C to my LS-362C directly. What I understand is the support needed underneath the cantilevered weight of an airgun which is very different than a camera or even a video camera.

For me, my Maverick and bench shooting/pesting, I would choose nothing less than the support of the LS-362 and the N52 in whatever brand/price configuration you would decide on. JMOO

I bet that LM-402C would be extremely stout! My large tripod has 40mm legs and is very stout even though much longer. A short one with 36mm legs has to be very solid. These LS-223C do have some flex in the legs when extended but for my uses works just fine. Haven't noticed any when legs are flat out and at shortest which is how I will use it 99% of the time.

I bet that LM-402C would be extremely stout! My large tripod has 40mm legs and is very stout even though much longer. A short one with 36mm legs has to be very solid. These LS-223C do have some flex in the legs when extended but for my uses works just fine. Haven't noticed any when legs are flat out and at shortest which is how I will use it 99% of the time.
I know this thread is a couple years old, but I'm bringing this back up to ask you, if your opinion of the Leofoto LS-223C has changed?
I looked up the specs and it says it will accommodate 22 lbs. Whereas its bigger brother, the LS-362C will accommodate 99 lbs. Its also about $200 more. I trying to justify if the 362C is worth the extra expenditure. Doesn't look like Leofoto makes an in-between model.

I'm probably going to buy two tripods this week, one of the mini compacts, and a longer one. Since this thread is about two years old, what's the best bang for your buck these days on one that will extend to 4 1/2'-5'?

I would look at the innorel line of tripods. They have several versions depending on the weight you want to hold. I bought the second to top of the line with a leofoto big ball head. Super solid and not really that heavy to carry around. Mine has the leg you can remove for a monopod. With what you can invest in a tripod setup, the china options can get you the complete setup vs just the tripod or head for similar price in american version.

I know this thread is a couple years old, but I'm bringing this back up to ask you, if your opinion of the Leofoto LS-223C has changed?
I looked up the specs and it says it will accommodate 22 lbs. Whereas its bigger brother, the LS-362C will accommodate 99 lbs. Its also about $200 more. I trying to justify if the 362C is worth the extra expenditure. Doesn't look like Leofoto makes an in-between model.

I'm probably going to buy two tripods this week, one of the mini compacts, and a longer one. Since this thread is about two years old, what's the best bang for your buck these days on one that will extend to 4 1/2'-5'?
I have no problem with my mini one. Still really love it and use it all the time. I don't think I'd ever need a bigger one for my mini. The big one I have the RT90C Innorel and I love it and very popular on the Hide back when i was researching. Price is still the same at alittle over $300 which is hard to beat for the money. I use it all the time also. The ball is very important also.

Last edited:
Reactions: SHOMER and Mr.H