• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Might still have it

I’ve shot steel challenge for years…don’t recall any of those stages. Must be some “outlaw” steel challenge?

We only consider centerfire to be real steel challenge, though. 😀
Great shooting Mike and Ron!

I started going to a local steel challenge this year but only on my 3rd match.

Old geezer telling story... I was B stock world champion back 25 years ago at the American Handgunner World Shootoff in Montrose CO.
Enough of that, anyway I was 5th at our last SC match two weeks previously and in the outlaw match on Saturday I got 3rd. Creeping up on those young guys but not sure I'll ever beat them because one in particular is 20% faster.

Great shooting Mike and Ron!

I started going to a local steel challenge this year but only on my 3rd match.

Old geezer telling story... I was B stock world champion back 25 years ago at the American Handgunner World Shootoff in Montrose CO.
Enough of that, anyway I was 5th at our last SC match two weeks previously and in the outlaw match on Saturday I got 3rd. Creeping up on those young guys but not sure I'll ever beat them because one in particular is 20% faster.

One of my favorite western series of all time revolved around an old geezer who hadn't lost his mojo. Will Sonnett was a bad-*** role model! I often edit his tag-line somewhat- "It ain't braggin' when it's fact." And when braggin' rights are the only reward for stellar performance, believe it or not, I don't hesitate (much) to brag.

My last centerfire pistol effort (when I could afford it)-

1698688315279.png

Dominos, anyone? No?

Okay... BINGO?

Last edited:
Reactions: steve123
One of my favorite western series of all time revolved around an old geezer who hadn't lost his mojo. Will Sonnett was a bad-*** role model! I often edit his tag-line somewhat- "It ain't braggin' when it's fact." And when braggin' rights are the only reward for stellar performance, believe it or not, I don't hesitate (much) to brag.

My last centerfire pistol effort (when I could afford it)-

View attachment 401395

Dominos, anyone? No?

Okay... BINGO?

Sometime this winter I'll try 22rf at my local steel challenge.

Reactions: AirNGasman
Testing customer gun from FT position at 55y in light wind. She’s a 20 fpe gun but was still holding out of the rings quite a bit. 25 shot groups. Shot the single row after the groups. Had a little better handle on things by then. 😀

Mike View attachment 400469
Mike - any chance this was shipped to Maryland? My 20 fpe carbine arrived 11/02. I'm hoping to do as well as your single shot row in FT competition next season.