• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Might still have it

thomasair

Manufacturer
Nov 6, 2016
Colorado, United States
It’s been a really long time since I’ve shot FT…but sat down in no coat wftf position and shot this N50 card at 27y. It’s not terrible for a 12fpe gun. Missed a few wind holds, but would probably still make a 244 or 245 on the wrabf 25m card. I did walk around like a 100 year old man for 10 minutes or so afterward. 😀
IMG_1582.jpeg
IMG_1583.jpeg

Nice shooting. I remember when you used to come to the Flagstaff matches. You should start attending again.

There's been lots of changes in the past few years, with a big portion of what used to be the "regulars" sadly bowing out. June had 4 WFTF PCP participants, so you might have some to compete against in that class, depending on the month.

3rd weekend of each month. And Kents doing 1/5scale silhouettes from any field target position on Friday evenings of the matches, 40, 50, 60, 70 yards. Under 20fpe.

It'd be fun to have you for both.

Nice shooting. I remember when you used to come to the Flagstaff matches. You should start attending again.

There's been lots of changes in the past few years, with a big portion of what used to be the "regulars" sadly bowing out. June had 4 WFTF PCP participants, so you might have some to compete against in that class, depending on the month.

3rd weekend of each month. And Kents doing 1/5scale silhouettes from any field target position on Friday evenings of the matches, 40, 50, 60, 70 yards. Under 20fpe.

It'd be fun to have you for both.
Thanks ….Flagstaff has always been my favorite place to shoot and my wife’s favorite place to stay while I shoot. The 7-8 hour drive was not much fun…but everything else was. My interest goes in cycles and BR has had my attention since Covid. I’m sure FT will come around again. 😀

It’s been a really long time since I’ve shot FT…but sat down in no coat wftf position and shot this N50 card at 27y. It’s not terrible for a 12fpe gun. Missed a few wind holds, but would probably still make a 244 or 245 on the wrabf 25m card. I did walk around like a 100 year old man for 10 minutes or so afterward. 😀View attachment 386391View attachment 386392
you never lost it Mike,.,.,,,youre THE MAN as usual.......BC

Great shooting, Mike!(y) Having recently turned 70 myself (on 9/11), I can relate to seeking confirmation that we... errr, I mean, I haven't lost my mojo!😂

In my case field target has been my (almost exclusive) competitions focus since the pandemic; so much so I've almost totally forsaken my other competition love of Steel Challenge. But at a couple buddys' invitation I recently returned to it after almost four years cold-turkey absence/abstinence.

SC being a fine balance of accuracy and SPEED, and having not even practiced it in as long, I worried about actually embarrassing myself. But considering the 300 mile round trip, I decided to enter two classes anyway- Rimfire Pistol Optics, and Rimfire Pistol Iron (sights).

Apparently the Old Geezer ain't lost his mojo-

1698439251101.png

Feels good, don't it?:D

Reactions: wx4p
I’ve shot steel challenge for years…don’t recall any of those stages. Must be some “outlaw” steel challenge?

We only consider centerfire to be real steel challenge, though. 😀

Most things (and people) in Texas are outlaw Mike, and DALLAS is no different. As Johnny Winter put it, "Goin' back to Dallas, take my razor and my gun."

Unfortunately since the last presidential election I can't afford to shoot Stock centerfire anymore. And since hosting monthly matches I don't have time to reload enough 9mm anyway. But I had one foot in the door of AA before the pandemic and election put an unceremonious end to that.:(:cry:

Last edited: