• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Might have a problem

New here but I’ve been lurking for a bit. Always curious about Airguns and hunting with them but lived in an anti Airgun state (Washington). Hunted and shot powder burners for years. I recently moved for work to a very Airguns friendly state (Arizona). Wasn’t really planning on picking up any Airguns but corona happened and I got furloughed. Well became very aware that I needed something to do. Decided that since Arizona is Airguns friendly I needed an airgun. Wasn’t sure about a pcp or a Springer right now so I figured a pump was a good option. So I ordered a 1322 with stock from crosman. Flattop valve and piston (just put them in) and ordered a new breech and a ton of pellets. Well got a bunch of gift cards for my birthday so I thought the the only rational thing to do was to order another gun. Ordered a Benjamin 392 always wanted one and my grandpa always talked about his .20 cal Sheridan while it’s not even close to a Sheridan and I would have preferred a wood stock I’ll take what I can get. May look at getting a peep sight and possibly seeing about having it steroided from Mac if he even still does that. Anyways I’ve seem to be hit hard by the airgun bug. Been looking at a springer and some PCPs but I think a springer will be next. 

Haha alrighty then. Enjoy it good choice flat top piston do a little trigger spring grip mod you know it right? Steel breech a real must!!! 18" barrel and barrel band screw mod and dremel the valve housing DIY on YouTube no need spend buku bux now. I unfortunately ended up with close to $400 in mine but it came from Mac1 (A+ BTW) not a bad thing since that's before I knew how to DIY. Oh and a TKO if you need quiet. Have fun! YO

Nothing wrong with a decent pneumatic air gun. I am glad to have my Crosman 13xx, 1400, Benjamin 392 and my Sheridan even though I seldom shoot them these days. They don't have the nasty vibration of a springer when you pull the trigger so are much easier to shoot accurately. I went with the co2 guns after the pneumatic days and had a blast modding them into what I thought they should be in the first place. Just another part of the addiction if you get into it far enough. ;^) A nice Diana 45 springer came next and by the time it had trashed six scopes I was shooting a PCP modified from a co2 gun. The Diana 45 break barrel was one of the earliest magnum springers and is very accurate although the recoil is a bit harsh. Never looked back after I purchased my first dedicated PCP though. It is so much better than anything else. More power, more shots, better accuracy than any of my springers and no recoil to speak of. The PCP's have the same accuracy as the best of my co2 guns but at 100 and 200 yards instead of 50 to 75. Still the PCPs cost more especially with the pump and then tank and later compressor costs involved.

I bought a decent springer a Diana 54 after my PCP purchase it shoots 3/4 inch groups at 50 yards which is very good for a springer. Because the action slides back in the stock when you pull the trigger most of the nasty vibration of the springer is gone. Still the Impact will shoot the same size groups at twice that range and I plink at spray paint cans at 200 yards with it.

All of the guns have their place in one's search for the perfect gun for their desires. What's most important is that you enjoy what you have while you have it.

I wish you luck in your travels through the addictions realm.

1588666958_5748999985eb1224eabde43.46936661.jpeg
Did someone say HW30 laminate? Double YO!!

A good quality spring gun is my preferred choice for target shooting and hunting. I own some good PCPs too, but the ease of use with spring guns is hard to beat.

If I had to pick one, it would be a toss up between the hw95 and hw50s in .177. The hw95 has a bit more power but the hw50s is lighter. Krale probably has the best price shipped to your door on both guns.

R

Washington state. Sorry was replying to the septicdeath above about Washington being not as airgun friendly for hunting as Arizona. As to the list of animals you can hunt in Washington state with an air gun eastern or western grey squirrels? Because ones protected same with fox squirrels. Kinda hard to tell the difference in the woods. I understand what your getting at there are things you “can” hunt in Washington state with an airgun technically. Actual game animals you can’t.